Lockheed Twins (and a CONNIE ) Civvies

NWALockheed14proto

Looking at the last picture, the Northwest L14 just above ⬆️, it's noticeable the rudders are different. The hinge lines are straight top to bottom. 

I did a quick search on X17382 and found that it's the original prototype, and had quite a varied career, cut short in 1946. 

https://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/Hebbard/8806.htm

Isn't that just crying out to be the subject of a model build!? 

Edited by rob Lyttle
Pic from previous page

• 3 months later...

I'm in the process of finishing the bits and pieces of Lockheeds..... The things that get left behind as you tackle the next interesting item. 

The Bolivian Ventura has a selection of antennas, and the Lodestar is getting some final attention. 

If you remember, I fitted the P&W Twin Wasps and modified the cowlings to suit. 

In truth, I only did one of them as a tryout. 

Well, I turned the other one in the drill to match, and she now has a matching pair. 

IMG_20200526_234015

IMG_20200526_235310

The flaps were left in the box and the rails were left undone! Tsk.....! 

I'm on the case..... 

IMG_20200526_234045

IMG_20200526_234119

Alignment is the crucial thing with the rails. Alignment with the fittings on the flaps, 

IMG_20200526_234217

Progress, and once these are done and a few aerials and pitots etc, she's in the bag 😎

Except of course for the markings and decor. 

The main reason for getting back on the Lockheed Twins is, I'm going to have another go at the big 1.48 scale Revell PV1 Ventura civil conversion, much in the style of the Bolivian PV1 I did with the Academy kit here. 

I have a 2nd Revell kit too, and so have a few others, and there's the idea, the proposal, the pipe dream....... of modifications to produce a genuine L18 Lodestar in 1.48 from the Revell kit. 

And hopefully some others will come on board with ideas, refs and kitbashing. 

Ain't that right, Dennis ⁉️😃

For that reason, I'm starting a separate thread for the big ones. Let me see if I can get the link sorted..... 

• Like 1