Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, MarkH206 said:

Looking good so far.

 

I have the Eduard Dual Combo boxing which has a Mk I and a Mk II in the box with all the goodies - great value.   I've built the Mk I which is a great kit and I'm looking forward to the Mk II.  Next year maybe.

Mark

Thanks very much Mark.

 

16 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

 

Apologies for the thread drift again @Roger Newsome  but hopefully of interest.  You can blame me if you suddenly decide to do a Wildcat as well :whistle:

Again, not a problem Troy, it's all relevant and I may already have been giving some consideration to a Wildcat. :whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuselage halves cemented together and just out of interest photographed alongside the Hobby Boss Hellcat. Anyone considering the HB kit but put off by the reviews re. fuselage and cockpit dimensions can draw their own conclusions.

 

IMG_7041

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarkH206 said:

Looking good so far.

 

I have the Eduard Dual Combo boxing which has a Mk I and a Mk II in the box with all the goodies - great value.   I've built the Mk I which is a great kit and I'm looking forward to the Mk II.  Next year maybe.

Mark

Didn't even realise I had a Hellcat addiction until I think about it now, couple of the duel boxings, (well such great value around £25), a couple of the old Royal boxings, (maybe NOT such great value!) and probably about every other Eduard release of them. I even started on the weekend Hellcat 'plumbing' up the engine since it hasn't any of the nice bits lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sailorboy61 said:

Didn't even realise I had a Hellcat addiction until I think about it now, couple of the duel boxings, (well such great value around £25), a couple of the old Royal boxings, (maybe NOT such great value!) and probably about every other Eduard release of them. I even started on the weekend Hellcat 'plumbing' up the engine since it hasn't any of the nice bits lol

Last Hellcat I built was the MkI weekend edition.  I found the instructions from my dual combi MkI & MkII (built previously) very useful for the items that I scratched together.  So if you have the instructions - don't throw them away...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Last Hellcat I built was the MkI weekend edition.  I found the instructions from my dual combi MkI & MkII (built previously) very useful for the items that I scratched together.  So if you have the instructions - don't throw them away...

There is a very good build series on youtube. MM Scale Models

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Look what you've made me do Roger 🙄

Excellent!!!!

Heading in your direction at the moment and looking forward to a pint in Aberdeen when I arrive. 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Today I've been playing around laying some different tones on the upper surfaces of the aircraft. I think it might need some light coats of something else, perhaps the base colour, to blend it in and give smoother transitions between the tones.

 

IMG_7059

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Christer A said:

It does look a bit too stark on the wings, so some more blending is probably the Right Thing to do Roger 😎

I've toned it down a bit Christer and contemplating doing a bit more. I'm trying to do it in controlled stages so as not to lose the effect totally.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that some folks have discussed the wing fold option in the Hobby Boss kit, however, Wolfpack Design makes an aftermarket resin wing fold set for the Eduard 1/72 and 1/48 kits, as well as a set for the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. Here's a link for the 1/48 Eduard wing fold set:

 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=WW-48003

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marvin20 said:

I see that some folks have discussed the wing fold option in the Hobby Boss kit, however, Wolfpack Design makes an aftermarket resin wing fold set for the Eduard 1/72 and 1/48 kits, as well as a set for the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. Here's a link for the 1/48 Eduard wing fold set:

 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=WW-48003

 

 

Hmm,  that is interesting, thanks for the info. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Roger, I think it was the scale that put me off looking in before now, still interesting even if too big for me & what's not to like about a Hellcat build in any scale, I'm even watching the 1/24 build that shouldn't even be happening yet.  :D

Steve.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Looking good Roger, I think it was the scale that put me off looking in before now, still interesting even if too big for me & what's not to like about a Hellcat build in any scale, I'm even watching the 1/24 build that shouldn't even be happening yet.  :D

Steve.

Thanks very much Steve. I still haven't decided if I prefer 1/72 or 1/48, so in the meantime I'll carry on building both. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...