Takom 1/35th FV 432

Bish

1 hour ago, ancientmariner said:

I will obviously test the tracks on the sprocket first. It was on a review that I read about having to trim a little off the sprocket teeth. Should get the tracks in the post tomorrow.

Martin

No problems with the fit on the sprockets! I got rid of the resin pins on mine and used 0.5 wire, fitted a treat no glue needed.

• 3 weeks later...

O, i didn't know they did worn pads for the 432, wish i had got them.

I painted and weathered the tracks before adding the pads, but it can be done either way.

They must be a more recent release as i never came across them when i was looking. I did get the Chieftain tracks with the worn pads at the same time as the 432 tracks.

On 19/07/2019 at 23:08, ivan-o said:

No problems with the fit on the sprockets! I got rid of the resin pins on mine and used 0.5 wire, fitted a treat no glue needed.

How many links are there per track? Thanks. I’ve started making up the tracks,using the resin pins,just have to make sure the links are clean,and without any flash. I’ve tried the section that I have made up on the sprockets,and there are no problems 

Martin

Thanks, found another post that says there are 91 links with the kit,suppose i could have counted the link and length in the kit. I’ve been using the resin pins,they don’t seem all that strong,as I have snapped a few. I am going to carry on using the resin pins and see what happens. I am finding that there is more cleaning to do on the links than I had first though, to make them a good fit for the pins. Used Fruil tracks in the past,with no problems.

Martin

I just measured the metal tracks against the kit one. But i did end up having to remove one from each run as they were a bit to long. I didn't find i needed to clean up the tracks, but some were a bit tighter than others.

I am just going to make up the links to 91 and see  what happens,if they are too long I can take the pins out and shorten them or add links as necessary. It’s not so much cleaning of the links it’s just getting a good fit to enable the pins to be fitted freely. Might end up using wire yet,as the resin pins are really not strong enough.

Martin

2 minutes ago, Bish said:

I think you might be right there dad's. I can remember the warrior tracks exactly but wasn't to sure oin the 432.

I'll have to check to find and check my DMI notes but I'm pretty sure a new track was 96 and the old track condemned at either 88 or 89.