China Southern A380 decals

I have noticed that tbdecals do some china southern airliners A380 decals so my question is, are they any good and what blue do I need for the dark blue for the middle of the cheat line?

Edited by dadofthree
Fat fingers

I didn't know TB Decals did airliners so thanks for that useful information. I feel a Helvetic Embraer 190 coming on!  It might be worth asking if anybody on the (non military) Vehicles forum has experience of them. The range is more geared to motorbikes and racing cars than aircraft.

You won't just have to paint the central cheatline on the A380, you'll need to match the fin to the winglets and the printed cheatlines. Good luck with that - blue can be a sod to match! For the central cheatline my advice, for what it's worth, is to study photos of the real aircraft in different lighting conditions and find a match which looks right to your eyes. Humbrol 15, Revell 54 or Tamiya X3 are all possible starting points but it's VERY unlikely that anything will match exactly straight from the pot and you will almost certainly have to do some mixing.

HTH

Dave G

• Like 1

Emailed TB decals to ask what their recommended colours are just to be told that the desired information is with the decals. So it would seem that I will have to bite the bullet if I want to do a China Southern A380. Plan B is looking like Qantas or Virgin, while plan C is possibly BOAC.

I don't know if TB Decals is the same as Top Tier Hobby but the latter has a 1/144 China Southern A380 decal set too.

I've bought from Kits Hobby in Hong Kong before, he's good, and despite his website being in Chinese he writes in English very well.

http://www.kitshobby.com/toptierhobby/th_product/TH384401/TH384401c.html

• Thanks 1