Northrop F-5E Tiger II in Imperial Iranian Air Force color scheme

Hi dear folks 

This is my very first effort of bulding a model of F-5 from AFV CLUB.As many of you know the kit is superb and detail is brilliant.

I used Martin-Baker IRQ-7A ejection seat that comes with AFV CLUB Saeqeh kit.(Iranian version of F-5E)

Colors are mixture of CSI Creos Mr. HOBBY , Mr. COLOR and AKAN paints. 

Sorry for bad quality photos, I haven’t provided myself a photo booth yet!

VZ52XOX.jpgMQxgR7R.jpg

k6Tk9Xh.jpg

Jp2CGLh.jpglM0doED.jpg

FBhm2V3.jpg

I48xlBh.jpg

Bom5p7q.jpg

ZvpalWG.jpg

DSmojoL.jpg

5RJFN7s.jpgcGrZWCn.jpg

Edited by Barzin
  • Like 72
  • Thanks 2

That's a pretty cool looking Tiger.

The camo scheme is very attractive.

You've done a great job on the surface painting, I really like the weathering/shading along the panel lines.

Hope to see more model kits of yours on these pages soon.

Best greetings from Vienna!

Roman

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

That's a pretty cool looking Tiger.

The camo scheme is very attractive.

You've done a great job on the surface painting, I really like the weathering/shading along the panel lines.

Hope to see more model kits of yours on these pages soon.

Best greetings from Vienna!

Roman

Many thanks dear Roman for your opinion , It’s my pleasure to be one the members here🙏🏻🙏🏻

Very nice work! I couldn't take my eyes off of the nose of the aircraft the finish and weathering is so good! There is only one small problem That I feel compelled to point out.............IT"S NOT ON MY SHELF!!!:Tasty:

• Like 1

Beautifully built and finished F-5E. Convincing weathering/fading. Maybe the brown is a little dark but it may be due to the lighting. This has made me want to build my AFV F-5E.

I also love the ramp photograph - so many Tigers! 

It is nice to see someone in Iran modelling. Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

A stunning looking Tiger,great weathering and so is your air brushing!Though it has been in the IRIAF service for decades,it's still contributing a sterling service to Iran.

Edited by Kampartiger
poor spelling
  • Like 1

Barzin,

Great model of a great aircraft.......It is so nice to see the F-5 in one of the more esoteric colour schemes worn and you have done a great job with the subtle weathering etc. I just hope my ongoing IRIAF F-14A Tomcat looks half as good when it is finally finished.

It is also great to see Iran on the modelling map too and I look forward to seeing more of your work in due course. I cannot remember Iran since I lived there between the ages of 2-4 years but my family have many photos of their happy time in Tabriz and it looks like a beautiful place !.

Welcome to BM ! 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2019 at 09:26, Tiger331 said:

Barzin,

Great model of a great aircraft.......It is so nice to see the F-5 in one of the more esoteric colour schemes worn and you have done a great job with the subtle weathering etc. I just hope my ongoing IRIAF F-14A Tomcat looks half as good when it is finally finished.

It is also great to see Iran on the modelling map too and I look forward to seeing more of your work in due course. I cannot remember Iran since I lived there between the ages of 2-4 years but my family have many photos of their happy time in Tabriz and it looks like a beautiful place !.

Welcome to BM ! 

Hi 
wow
It’s really nice to hear that you have been to Iran! And thanks for your response.
Tabriz is a great city with nice people and also one of the main F-5 airbase in Iran.
Can't wait to see the legendary F-14A Tomcat in it’s Iranian dress coming out of your modeling room! For sure it’ll be one of the best💪🏻💪🏻

Cheers 
Barzin

Edited by Barzin

On 09/04/2019 at 16:24, matteo44 said:

Well done! Congratulations

The camo scheme is very nice, and I like the general weathering.

:clap:

Hi dear Matteo, many thanks 🙏🏻 
All the best
Barzin

@Barzin that is a really nicely done F-5E!

Not a criticism but panel lines are a little too dark for my taste. Having said that I haven't seen an Iranian F-5 close up (or ever for that matter).

Overall it is an outstanding build!!

DennisTheBear

Edited by DennisTheBear
Brain fade
  • Like 1