Great British, and beyond, Railway GB - move your vote to another deserving GB

Paul821

2 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Shame, I was planning something big and German...

spacer.png

I might see some of you down in the Locos, Trains and Layouts section next year.

I'm struggling to think of anything railway and big and British; nobody does a kit of a better Garrett and the British loading gauge doesn't lend itself to big

Prototype is pretty much the dapol deltic kit

Slim pickings all round; looks like a quiet year ahead for me

5 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

I'm struggling to think of anything railway and big and British; nobody does a kit of a better Garrett and the British loading gauge doesn't lend itself to big

I would have thought that the Dapol Evening Star counts as big. I'd be tempted because I'd love to do a grubby 9F, though I'm sceptical about how the moulds have faired as they're practically as old as the loco itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Shame, I was planning something big and German...

I was considering one of those as well. I also have a Scalescenes box file layout and a Dapol/Kitmaster Pug I was thinking about. They don't fit anywhere else so I may do a layout WIP for them.I do have a D/K Schools class, which will probably work for Big & British.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bobby No Mac said:

I would have thought that the Dapol Evening Star counts as big. I'd be tempted because I'd love to do a grubby 9F, though I'm sceptical about how the moulds have faired as they're practically as old as the loco itself.

I suppose big is a relative thing. It would certainly hurt if it went on over your toe. Which is one criteria

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Anyone else here for moving over to Big and British?

I moved over. The Schools class may not be big enough, but that gives me an excuse to buy the Deltic, BoB or Evening Star (not that I need an excuse)

/p

• Like 2

• Paul821 changed the title to Great British, and beyond, Railway GB - move your vote to another deserving GB

As per the changed title - just to say Big and British have offered to take on some railway subjects, that is Airfix/Dapol Evening Star. Battle of Britain and Delitic. The Deltic would also be welcome in Prototypes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paul821 said:

just to say Big and British have offered to take on some railway subjects

We'll need all the votes we can get. Rail isn't my cup of tea in modelling, I see enough trains living less than 100m from a Trainline, but the more diverse the GB subjects the more interesting it will be. Something for everyone in Big and British

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...