Great British, and beyond, Railway GB - move your vote to another deserving GB

Paul821

Irony aside (I hate having to irony shirts) for those wanting something a little different on the armed/armoured train theme, may I suggest the American Civil War?

Both sides used rail-mounted smooth bore and rifled cannons mounted on cars at the front and rear of trains. The Confederates, being less well served with the means to make conventional armour plate, used flat cars with cotton bale "armour" around their perimeter for sharp shooters. The Union Army had a rail-mounted mortar, I forget it's name!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Apparently there is an irony emoji

https://emojipedia.org/upside-down-face/#:~:text=A classic smiley%2C turned upside down. Implemented as,Person Shrugging or the shruggie emoticon%2C ¯_ (ツ)_%2F¯.

🙃 you need to search for upside down in the emoji pulldown, the index does not recognise irony!

• Haha 1

I'm working on a small layout at the moment that will definitely involve some structure kits, and also possibly some freight cars.  I'd bee keen to build one of those for this group build!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't see this had made the bun/m-fight, definitely worth a vote.

I'm still working on the Peco O guage hut - adding some modern features more fitting for a late 80s London setting than the rural branchline in the 1950s that I suspect Peco had in mind.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• Paul821 changed the title to Great British, and beyond, Railway GB - remember not just trains but anything sold for use on model railways

Thanks to

@Rick Brown @rays@desert falcon @Bonhoff @Tim R-T-C @Brad @John Masters @FortyEighter

@Corsairfoxfouruncle @robvulcan @Robert Stuart @MarkSH @gregg136 @vppelt68 @Ozzy @Mjwomack @helios16v @Harry Lime @Hockeyboy76 @nimrod54 @psdavidson @2996 Victor @Marklo @fightersweep

@Swamp Donkey @The Plastic Surgeon @bootneck @Steve60 @bianfuxia @Bobby No Mac @TonyW @airfixpeter @Beggsy

It is due to your support that this GB is in the bunfight. With only 5 votes this year I understand some of you might have other priorities in the voting - I am pleased the proposal got this far -   :thanks:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Paul821 said:

Thanks to

@Rick Brown @rays@desert falcon @Bonhoff @Tim R-T-C @Brad @John Masters @FortyEighter

@Corsairfoxfouruncle @robvulcan @Robert Stuart @MarkSH @gregg136 @vppelt68 @Ozzy @Mjwomack @helios16v @Harry Lime @Hockeyboy76 @nimrod54 @psdavidson @2996 Victor @Marklo @fightersweep

@Swamp Donkey @The Plastic Surgeon @bootneck @Steve60 @bianfuxia @Bobby No Mac @TonyW @airfixpeter @Beggsy

It is due to your support that this GB is in the bunfight. With only 5 votes this year I understand some of you might have other priorities in the voting - I am pleased the proposal got this far -   :thanks:

Is the vote over, did we miss it then?  I missed the vote over the weekend, went down with a mild reaction to the combined booster and flu jabs.  :jealous:

Mike

It looks like this group build may not make it, as pointed out by @Paul821 in my Big and British thread, there is certainly some overlap from this GB to that one. 

Any large British designed trains or other railway equipment will be absolutely allowed in Big and British if it makes it through the Bunfight (looking hopeful at the moment), so long as it is both big and British.

2 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

It looks like this group build may not make it, as pointed out by @Paul821 in my Big and British thread, there is certainly some overlap from this GB to that one. 

Any large British designed trains or other railway equipment will be absolutely allowed in Big and British if it makes it through the Bunfight (looking hopeful at the moment), so long as it is both big and British.

But please don't change your vote yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul821 said:

But please don't change your vote yet.

Yes I would leave it until at least next week, some GBs can suddenly shoot up to the top. Anyway, good luck in the bunfight, you may well need it

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Thanks 1

Time to face reality.... At least this proposed GB hit 30 votes in the gunfight but it now seems impossible to get past the cut off mark. So please think about moving your vote to another GB perhaps getting that one onto the 2022 calender.  Thanks to all that have voted. For some perhaps Not My Comfort Zone or Big and British might be a home for your railway build.

Thanks to those who did vote.

• Sad 3