Great British, and beyond, Railway GB - move your vote to another deserving GB

Paul821

• Paul821 changed the title to Possible railway themed GB? Now at 27 - you know you want to join in!

Thanks to everyone who has signed up to date just a few more to go.

There is a wide range of models out there that are eligible for the GB from buildings through to rolling stock and armoured vehicles - not mention a complete layout.

6 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Thanks to everyone who has signed up to date just a few more to go.

There is a wide range of models out there that are eligible for the GB from buildings through to rolling stock and armoured vehicles - not mention a complete layout.

Hi Paul

I know Airfix did a range of buildings as part of their railway stuff, would things like the "Country Inn" be admissible  ? :cheers: Pat

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I know Airfix did a range of buildings as part of their railway stuff, would things like the "Country Inn" be admissible  ? 

I have amended the terms of the proposed GB to reflect this - so yes.

• Like 1

Right, no if’s, no but’s, this needs to get through the vote!!

I just took delivery of this bad boy, thankfully Mrs SD is out. It gives me all the motivation I could ever need to build Newcastle Central Station. Of course, where it goes is a problem to be solved as and when the GB happens

51442608978_842ef9e2b5_b.jpg

SD (who hasn’t touched a model railway for over 30 years)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

I just took delivery of this bad boy, thankfully Mrs SD is out. It gives me all the motivation I could ever need to build Newcastle Central Station. Of course, where it goes is a problem to be solved as and when the GB happens

Hello handsome!

I know the 80x sets have not yet with much love, but this is definitely the most handsome livery to grace Britain's rails since Great Western went to dark green a few years ago.

8 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Hello handsome!

I know the 80x sets have not yet with much love, but this is definitely the most handsome livery to grace Britain's rails since Great Western went to dark green a few years ago.

• Like 1

• Paul821 changed the title to Possible railway themed GB? Now at 29 - one more to go - please join in

If @Swamp Donkey goes ahead and builds Newcastle and @bootneck keeps chipping away at Birmingham then my thoughts of a country goods shed are going to look rather puny.

I've always fancied one of these

https://slatersplastikard.com/linePage.php?suffix=JPG&code=7032

Apparently it's not the 'best' of kits and the wrong scale for me but that's easy because my model railway club have just built an O gauge layout so I'd have 'running rights'

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 12:25 PM, Swamp Donkey said:

Ah Kato (with apologies to Peter Sellers and Pink Panther films). This is getting rave reviews so you're certainly back to model railways in style. Just got to buy all the extension sets for the carriages (and hope the yen takes a tumble)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mjwomack said:

Ah Kato (with apologies to Peter Sellers and Pink Panther films). This is getting rave reviews so you're certainly back to model railways in style. Just got to buy all the extension sets for the carriages (and hope the yen takes a tumble)

Not now, Kato….and don’t tell Mrs SD

SD

• Haha 2

I've just drawn and printed my first loco wheel.  It is scaled at 2mm/N Gauge

spacer.png

It's just a practice, sort of a proof of concept that I could actually do it.   The spokes will need to be thickened up, I didn't realise how thin I had made them;  looks like a bicycle wheel!

spacer.png

If the GB gets the go ahead then I can work on this, plus the rest of the locomotive as part of GB.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 6

I choo-choose to sign up 🚂

The urge to build a Dapol loco is strong but I remember how they were showing their age when I built a few in the 90s, dread to think what the moulds are like these days... I'd definitely be up for doing a building at least. I presume the Faller HO range would be permissible if anyone fancied going all ooh-la-la continental?

• Like 1

• Paul821 changed the title to Possible railway themed GB? 30+ Right away / green light for Bunfight

Well I’ve been sloping around the internet for the last few weeks and have found a Morser Karl with railway bogies and a Leopold both 1/72, Hasegawa and around €40 including postage.

I’m leaning towards the Karl, but might get a Leopold too, my dad bought one cheap when I was a kid ( missing a few parts but nothing major) and I always wanted to build it, it was sat in the attic for years  so a year or two I asked him if I could have it only to find out that my elder brother had cleaned out said same attic and it was gone🤬Hence the Leopold would be great for the AKYDBAAK( or whatever the acronym should be) GB of it were to happen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marklo said:

have found a Morser Karl with railway bogies and a Leopold both 1/72, Hasegawa

The chance to see these kits being built should encourage people to vote for this GB come the bun-fight, All we need now is someone to trump your offering with this:  

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/dragon-6200-railway-gun-28cm-k5-e-leopold--108081

• Haha 1

Well yes I’d love the 1/35 kits but they’re more money than I’d ever pay for a single kit ( yes I know) and I don’t think they’d fit in my ikea bookcase :( 

I’d be more than happy with 1:72. Might even spurt me in to building that K wagon I’ve been threatening for years now :) 

Edited by Marklo

• Paul821 changed the title to Great British, and beyond, Railway GB 30+ Right away / green light for Bunfight - more welcome
3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Trains? Where do the guns go? Not for me thanks. 🙂

There are always the Armored trains used by the German's and Soviets. There are the large calibre railway guns like the massive 1400 man crewed weapons. The type that laid waste to Sevastopol. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_gun

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_train

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 6:25 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

Trains? Where do the guns go? Not for me thanks

Surprisingly there are many many train related subjects with guns. Rail guns like the Leopold. Rail transported guns like the Morser Karl, armoured trains,  flat wagons used to transport tanks particularly during WWII and finally many different armoured cars like the p204(f) that were fitted with railway car wheels to be able to drive in railway lines. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1