1/48 Hawker Hunter 230 Gallon Wing Tanks

petetasker

Hi First post on Britmodeller and currently 'butchering' my first kit for over 20 years. Having a go at Airfix's new 1/48 Hunter and I realised (late in the day) the Brawdy machine I want to do needs 230 gallon wing tanks. I've trawled the net for aftermarket resin etc but drawn a blank. Does anyone know if any are available or did any other aircraft use the same tanks? Guess as a last resort I'll fashion some from plastic tubing. Superb site by the way. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi petetasker,

You can either borrow the 230-gallon tanks from the Academy/Italeri 1/48 Hunter kit or the get the resin parts from the FlightPath Hunter Detail & Weapons Set.

The FlightPath set is quite comprehensive and included a pair of resin 230-gallon tanks and white metal inboard pylons.

FlightPath Hunter Set

Thanks for the replies. On the hunt now for the Flightpath set. Have already ordered the rereleased Sea Vixen. In the meantime I can feel a bit of scratch building coming on - not done any of that for a long time! Flaps - yes I’d forgot about that - cheers.

• Like 1