A kit you built as a kid GB Chat

22 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Best add my name to the list Paul.

Not sure which kit to build yet, I remember my first was an Airfix 1/72 Hurricane followed by a Beaufighter, then a lot of Matchbox kits, I will have to give this some serious thought.

Super craig I’ll put your name on and a ‘tbc’ for the kit.

hope the build goes through now.

i’ve had my eye on a few period airfix hawks on evilbay 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

So I think we found the world's only two under 18 serious scale modellers.... Shame there's not so many into this stuff, it's great

And they both enlist for the build originally envisaged for over 18s haha 😁

Super to see that there are young modellers out there.

43 minutes ago, Dansk said:

And they both enlist for the build originally envisaged for over 18s haha 😁

Super to see that there are young modellers out there.

Signed up to this by complete chance aswell, dont normally use Britmod anymore 😁

56 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

So I think we found the world's only two under 18 serious scale modellers.... Shame there's not so many into this stuff, it's great

Really wouldn't surprise me, will be interesting to see how many enter into the junoir class at Telford this year.

30 minutes ago, Harrywilliams said:

Really wouldn't surprise me, will be interesting to see how many enter into the junoir class at Telford this year.

Wish I could go to Telford... Other commitments get in the way

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Not sure if I’m voting for this as I didnt really build as kid more just every few years find a kit or two to turn into bin fodder, but two did make it what could be called a state of completion, so if this happens I shall do them properly 128676-11185-45-pristine.jpg122130-11185-pristine.jpg

Cool they both look like great choices. Anything matchbox is a winner in my book.

There’s so many other great GBs in the poll i want to vote for personally also so for us all its win win :)

Edited by Dansk

hi everyone

It's time to vote for this build and the other great GB's you want to participate in 

i have a few favourites of my own to vote for 🙂

bunfight voting link here..

have a great day

Paul

@Sturmovik

@helios16v

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@Foxbat

@Valkyrie

@Scargsy

@Caerbannog

@Bonhoff

@uncletommy

@Arniec

@Nocoolname

@JosephLalor

@panther

@VMA131Marine

@JOCKNEY

@Fatboydim

@JohnT

@Mig Eater

@zebra

@stevej60

@exdraken

@Paul J

@NorwegianWood

@Ventora3300

@MarkSH

@MaxHeadroom

@JohnT

@Dazzio

@Erwin

@Adam Poultney

@Harrywilliams

@modelling minion

@PhantomBigStu

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Paul

ive voted for this one, fingers crossed I'll be looking for an Airfix "Bit of Lace"

cheers Pat

thanks a lot pat

it was hard to vote but i went for 6 of them in the end

• Like 2

On 01/11/2019 at 10:26, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Paul

ive voted for this one, fingers crossed I'll be looking for an Airfix "Bit of Lace"

cheers Pat

Great minds think and so on... I guess there won't be room for two of Airfix Miss Lace, or is there? It was an iconic kit and hands up anyone who didn't build one back then - or more 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Great minds think and so on... I guess there won't be room for two of Airfix Miss Lace, or is there? It was an iconic kit and hands up anyone who didn't build one back then - or more 🙂

Theres 3 airfix hawks so 2 airfix b-17’s is absolutely no problem. I always loved the Photographic boxing and scheme of that kit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Theres 3 airfix hawks so 2 airfix b-17’s is absolutely no problem. I always loved the Photographic boxing and scheme of that kit. 

There is always plenty of room for more than one build of the same kit in a GB, and you are right about the old Airfix box arts they really were good and they certainly inspired me to build a few of their B-17's.

• Like 2

Oh I just remembered this pic... If I can get hold of one of these kits, how could I ever find a better subject for "A kit you build as a kid GB" than one I have this solid documentation of building at my 9th birthday, yes in one single day, in 1977!? May I represent, V-P and the notorious Revell Consolisated (!) B-24D Liberator in one true 1:72 scale. Aw, just look at that smile on my face!

Me and Lib

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

I would be in for this.  Certainly Matchbox, they were everywhere in Colchester.

Great to have you aboard and I can imagine that there will be a fair few Matchbox kits in the GB.

15 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Oh I just remembered this pic... If I can get hold of one of these kits, how could I ever find a better subject for "A kit you build as a kid GB" than one I have this solid documentation of building at my 9th birthday, yes in one single day, in 1977!? May I represent, V-P and the notorious Revell Consolisated (!) B-24D Liberator in one true 1:72 scale. Aw, just look at that smile on my face!

Me and Lib

I don't think there can be a better reason for building a kit or a better documented one at that, a great picture VP and a Revell B-24 would be a great addition to the GB. And just look at the smile on your face, the joy shown is the reason why we continue with the hobby.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Great to have you aboard and I can imagine that there will be a fair few Matchbox kits in the GB.

I don't think there can be a better reason for building a kit or a better documented one at that, a great picture VP and a Revell B-24 would be a great addition to the GB. And just look at the smile on your face, the joy shown is the reason why we continue with the hobby.

Thanks - but should I try to really re-live all that joy and build a Liberator in a Blitzbuild GB :rofl2:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Thanks - but should I try to really re-live all that joy and build a Liberator in a Blitzbuild GB :rofl2:

Great idea, dont forget to get lots of glue on your fingers before you start, you have to build it on the floor. And be interrupted by your mum calling you for your tea !

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Fantastic! You should get the kit and then recreate this photo present day for the final reveal in the gallery 👍😀

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great idea, dont forget to get lots of glue on your fingers before you start, you have to build it on the floor. And be interrupted by your mum calling you for your tea !

That's the way I still build my kits, lots of glue on my fingers, but my back and neck don't allow me building on the floor anymore. I'm happy that my mum at 81 years is still around, but fortunately lives on her own just 2 km away - maybe I should call her for tea when I get to building this 🙂

2 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Fantastic! You should get the kit and then recreate this photo present day for the final reveal in the gallery 👍😀

Haha... You don't know what you just asked for 🤪

• Haha 2