NASA 1/32 scale Harrier which one

propfan

I do like to buy a 1/32 Harrier but I don't know which one. NASA is using the AV-8C and I will make that one.

I do understand that there are much different types, so I do need some more information and help please?

regards Bert

The only Harrier to fit your needs is the ancient GR1 from Revell. It's been around since about 1971 and does not look too good these days without some cockpit & seat work/engraved panels etc.  and the smoothing in of that fairing before the front intakes. An easy mod with a little Milliput or layers of filler, the model being designed before the prototype shape was finalised. I think it is being re-released later this year. An AV-8C is an A but with small improvements, the main exterior one being the fitment of "slime lights" (those yucky yellow strips for formating with)

Your model should look good in white with a blue stripe!

32 minutes ago, Sturmovik said:

Not an expert by all means, but what about Trumpeter's Harrier AV-8B II Plus and converting it into a C?

Likewise not an expert...but nearly every aspect of the Harrier II was redesigned, enlarged and/or re-contoured from the earlier -A/-C models. I'm not claiming it would be impossible, but it would be seriously difficult.

• Thanks 1

Well thanks very much, and I'm very pleased with those photo material from Large scale planes.

And I think it's better to wait for the  re-released model .

regards Bert

Edited by propfan

On 4/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Sturmovik said:

Not an expert by all means, but what about Trumpeter's Harrier AV-8B II Plus and converting it into a C?

B-model was almost entirely different plane. The biggest difference was the wing that has almost zero similarity to the 1st gen Harrier: it became bigger, more advanced mechanization (flaps much more complex), more weapon points (bomb load doubled), landing gear now in the middle of the wing vs being on the tip in 1st gen. Entirely different nose section to house modern weapon guidance system. Basically 1st gen was a compromise between attack and fighter requirements where 2nd gen was a ground attack airplane. This is why RN kept FRS and updated only the radar and some other internal systems (FA2) so it would have a proper fighter.

Well this is all new for me but I'm pleased with this information and will use it before buying.

Good you advice for a booklet with all the differences.