This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
PhantomBigStu

***Finished*** Vampire T11

Posted (edited)

Had hoped to enter the provost reissue despite its canopy issues (I have a spare from the first issues) but not yet in stock so seemed a natural alternative 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

21 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Had hoped to enter the provost reissue despite its canopy issues (I have a spare from the first issues) but not yet in stock so seemed a natural alternative 

Nice one Stu,which boxing are you using?

55 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Nice one Stu,which boxing are you using?

Starter though I will be using spare decals from the first issue build that went wrong, though I’ve not picked between the two schemes

12 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Starter though I will be using spare decals from the first issue build that went wrong, though I’ve not picked between the two schemes

The latest boxing's I'm doing have some of the best decal's I;ve seen from Airfix so far Stu,the RAF scheme with the dayglo done as decalling in

particular is a stunner,I've a spare set if you wanted to have a go,happy to post them off FOC.

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

The latest boxing's I'm doing have some of the best decal's I;ve seen from Airfix so far Stu,the RAF scheme with the dayglo done as decalling in

particular is a stunner,I've a spare set if you wanted to have a go,happy to post them off FOC.

Cheers for then offer, I also have them spare, did the Swedish reissue last year :)

And now togethor, though slight complication before the silver can be sprayed, the vampires got a couple of shrink marks on the rear of one boom and the migs nose gear doors need work 

47548306042_1262586074_b.jpg

Sanding them here and there, once they dry will stuff the pits with kitchen roll and spray the first coats of silver 

33772460988_3d321d1e73_b.jpg

Good plan to work these as a parallel project. Easier to paint both in one session with the same colour.

Indeed, though work on the Vampire has paused, hadn’t been diligent enough in the sanding stages with the migs gear bays, will be back on the spray bench later.

Delayed as I ran out of silver, now to crack on with the interior touch a ups, pilots and canopies as well as the red nose ring 

40829172123_bb4a111aa1_b.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was a bit depressing, had a major issue prop up with one, and a seconds become a groundhog day model and lost a former finished build that I was trying to repair which has changed my build and buying schedule as I like to do another of the same type as a replacement. But at least these will be decal ready once the canopies are cleaned up 

33925958928_474c60442e_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Both look to be going well for you Stu.

Decals were a pain not least had a couple of breaks and to my horror Humbrol 209 didn’t match, so decided to sacrifice a spare set of JP dayglo decs to make up the gaps 

47780266162_20cbdc2515_b.jpg

Both are still looking good regardless of the decal issues Stu :speak_cool:

10 hours ago, Col. said:

Both are still looking good regardless of the decal issues Stu :speak_cool:

cheers col, now in the gallery :)

33971724628_2ebb22ed12_b.jpg

33971724658_02379ca662_b.jpg

33971724438_583c57bb2b_b.jpg 33971724648_09d1def22e_b.jpg 33971724638_7ff6b4773d_b.jpg

47796918972_14a2e64511_b.jpg

Nice silver finishes Stu and the Vampire looks particularly cool with the dayglo :coolio:

Is there a reason why you didn't fit the canopies before spraying the silver?

Cheers

Cliff