58th Shizuoka Hobby Show 2019.

Fatboydim

The 58th Shizuoka Hobby Show is due to take place next month. It's open to the public on the 11th and 12th May (8th is Student Day, 9th & 10th are Trade Days)

Has anyone heard any rumours or speculation about possible announcements? 

Hopefully, as this is Wingnut Wings 10th Anniversary, there will be a bit more information regarding the Handley Page 0/400, and the Avro Lancasters which are due for release later this year. Examples of the two new Gothas, which appear on Wingnut Wings Featured Releases are also due for release during April/May and could also be on show to the public. 

There are lots of other manufacturers attending including, Airfix, Aoshima, Dragon, FineMolds, Hasegawa, Italeri, MiniArt, Tamiya and Zoukei Mura to name a few.

Below is a link to last years show should anyone wish to refresh their memory or for anyone who did not see any photos of the manufacturers stands. 

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/05/tmn-on-tour-japans-biggest-hobby-show.html

I think I'm starting to accept that they probably scrapped the development of the kit,  but I'm still kinda hoping that someone at some show will ask Trumpeter about how the 1/700 HMS Belfast is coming along. Maybe someone could remind Flyhawk that she's an easily available museum ship in a pretty well visited city while they're at it, you'd think that'd count for something...

Rumor?  No.  Speculation?  I would not be surprised to see Hasegawa offer a Kawasaki P-1.  A 1/72 P-8.  I'd like to see more 1/700 First World War dreadnoughts.  Frankly, most Second World War subjects have been done to death - and the argument that Company A's Mustang doesn't make money for Company B omits the fact that Company B's Mustang has to sell...otherwise it loses money for Company B.

Special bonus points for anyone releasing a good Apollo in 1/72 scale.  The Dragon CSM is OK, but the LM is seriously misproportioned.

Long-term speculation:  An MQ-4C Triton will be announced at the 2020 show.  Platz has a good RQ-4B Global Hawk (and I'd love to see someone do an RQ-4A), but their "RQ-4N" has major shape errors - and I'm not a rivet counter.  The day one deploys to Guam, the Japanese will be trying to get measurements.

More long-term speculation:  Crew Dragon and Boeing Starliner for 2020.  Hasegawa will do an F-35C as soon as they get one in the Pacific.

Edited by HMSLion

14 hours ago, HMSLion said:

Special bonus points for anyone releasing a good Apollo in 1/72 scale.  The Dragon CSM is OK, but the LM is seriously misproportioned.

Ah yes, Apollo 11. I had already given up entirely there and gone off looking for 1/700 Saturn V on Shapeways instead. And as far as Dragon goes, a quick look at ebay and there doesn't even seem to be any available at the moment, from what I can recall prices for them when they do show up tend to be, well, astronomical. So a re-release from Dragon or a new kit form someone else would be very welcome. As strange as the lack of a 1/700 HMS Belfast is, that we haven't been buried in Apollo 11 stuff this year is even stranger to me.

This is from Tamiya Blog https://tamiyablog.com/2019/04/some-upcoming-tamiya-static-kits/

24350 1/24 Leon Cvstos AMG
24352 1/24 Mazda 787B
35367 1/35 German Hummel Late Type
12688 1/35 German Hummel Metal Gun Barrel (Detail Up Parts)
25190 1/350 IJN Destroyer Yukikaze Detail Up Set

Robert

• Like 1

The German Hummel wasn't mentioned in the sneak peak from HLJ, but they do update as more news becomes available. 

If it's anything like the Nashorn, I will definitely be getting one of those. 

I wonder if Tamiya will have an aviation subject to surprise us with? 

Personally, I'd like to see a FAA 1/32nd Corsair. 

3 hours ago, Scooby said:

It is planned or promised. 🙂 I know who loaned his 1/1 Corsair......

I do hope your right. What a surprise that would be at the show. 

This is the Tamiya 1/72nd scale Corsair with the wings clipped to represent a Fleet Air Arm machine I made a while ago.

BZOLPUK.jpg

• Like 3

This is the link to Hobby Search who also have a list of items at the Shizuoka Show. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=102&cat=plamo&target=tag&searchkey=shizuoka+hobby+show+2019&spage=1

Here is the first picture of the Hummel 

Tamiya-35367-1-35-German-heavy-self-prop

1/35 German Heavy Self-Propelled Howitzer Hummel (Late Production)
The next subject for the famed 1/35 Military Miniature Series is this assembly kit of the German Hummel. ★The model authentically captures the Hummel’s form with thin fighting compartment armor and late production integrated driving compartment. ★Features coordinated sight and 15cm howitzer elevation. ★Assembly type late production tracks feature one-piece straight sections. ★Includes three figures and two marking options. ★Length: 190mm.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

That looks very good. I like the tracks and the figures. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found a couple of photos of the new Tamiya Achilles which is listed to be on show at Shizuoka. 

dqj9GX9.jpg

lOK18Fg.jpg

• Like 3

Take a look over at Hyperscale - Brett Green has already built one. Looks very nice indeed. The characterisation of the figures is excellent - so realistic.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, Red Dot said:

Myself and five of the guys from IP84 are off to this show in a few weeks. We are getting VERY excited 🙂

Andy

I've been there three times but unable to go this year. You won't regret it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperscale have uploaded a video from the show. 

Also, some photos of static models on the Tamiya Blog

https://tamiyablog.com/2019/05/some-tamiya-static-mini-4wd-model-releases-shown-at-the-58th-shizuoka-hobby-show-2019/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not on Facebook, but I noticed this news about Wingnut Wings.

9jhVp56.png

• Like 1

My wife found this on Facebook. Sorry about the quality. The top left could be a nose section of the Lancaster that I believe WnW could be releasing as a nose only section of the model. 

kcsbBcl.png

• Like 1