Beautiful art work on US Navy/Marine helos

Stalker6Recon

Hello rotorheads, while researching paints for my many models in my stash, I came across this very interesting and cool article about a fellow veteran. She is a former airforce master sergeant, Shayne Meder has been painting SH-60 and other airframes for the last twenty years. Here work can be seen on no less than 50 helos and other aircraft, and may in fact be included as decals on the kits we build. If they don't have her work in decals, they certainly should, she does incredible work!

Here is a link to the story

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/02/25/air-force-vet-uses-military-aircraft-canvas-her-art.html

This is her website

https://www.flygirlpainters.com/about

Follow the links of google image search for even more great pics! hsc-21-show-bird-1.jpg?itok=7Eh0t3n2hsc-14-show-bird-1.jpg?itok=bNF52QEB

hsc-8-show-bird-1.jpg?itok=tG3tRmhJhsm-49-show-bird-1.jpg?itok=JzfmFXXW

7a4f2c_1c8502f689c9449cbefc2aceab14b18a.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Beautiful work. All helos should have these kind of markings...

Thanks for sharing.

Chris. 

The pictures and the story were just way too cool not to share. The agree that more should be painted this way, in the story, they say she has more than 50 blackhawks of varied type with unit specific paitings. Usually she only paints the commanders helo, as that is obviously the commanders bird, but it is also most likely used for special events/airshows and least likely to need camo for combat ops, so the story goes.

I am trying to find more pics, I may just go to the source and see if MSGT Meder will send me more pictures. I have been talking with Werner Wings owner, Floyd Werner, and I will send him this information, maybe he can create a decal set for her work, or better, get Kitty Hawk and MSGT Meder together to do profiles for their new kits, that would be awesome!