Rye Field Jagdpanther G2

Thanks Rob

This little bugger is on hold at the moment as 1/16 Panther #2 is a demanding mistress.

The interior is pretty much done on that one and it is masked up waiting on some black primer and 

some white highlighting.

I seem to prefer the 1/16 scale stuff as it's easier on the old eyes and these Rye Field Models are crazy

detailed with oh so teensy tiny parts.

Lloyd

Thanks Simon

When I get back to this one and the Takom Jagdpanther G1 that's also on hold I'll try those tips. The 1/35 scale

parts are lots harder to remove seams, must be fun to play with 1/72 (not).

Lloyd

• 3 weeks later...

Another setback on this one. Assembled a length of 87 track links using the 2 different length

pins Rye Field supplies a la ModelKasten tracks. They flex but kept falling apart. I would glue

them together in one place and try to install them only to have them fall apart in another place or

four more places. Gave up and trashed that length. I have a set of Friulmodel ATL-08 tracks that fit just fine.

I went back to the RF tracks and found if you put 11 links in the jig and drill out the mounting holes a bit

with a #74 drill then when you put in the pins the tracks flex and stay together. I'll still use the Friul tracks

on this one but now I know what to do with the tracks on the Rye Field cutaway Panther as it has the same

tracks and pins. It's only 174 holes to drill per side but whatever, it's a hobby.

Lloyd

Harry Callahan

Maybe MBK praised this model as the best he's ever held but there's a difference between an

"in the box" review and and an actual "build the model" review. This one is not a lot of fun, maybe it will

turn out as a great model but getting there is a chore. Why use only 2 parts for something when 

you can use 15 tiny little pieces? Oh yes, parts count, that's important.

Just my $0.02 , Cdn so not worth too much.

Lloyd

• Like 1

Yeah.......I’m trying to find a build  review for the full interior Bergepanther.......but only  in box reviews so far.......maybe by the time I take the plunge Ill have come across one. Never been big on in box reviews myself.

13 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Harry Callahan

Maybe MBK praised this model as the best he's ever held but there's a difference between an

"in the box" review and and an actual "build the model" review. This one is not a lot of fun, maybe it will

turn out as a great model but getting there is a chore. Why use only 2 parts for something when 

you can use 15 tiny little pieces? Oh yes, parts count, that's important.

Just my $0.02 , Cdn so not worth too much.

Lloyd

hello Lloyd

I think youre right, anyhow its doubting when kit dealers praise a model kit as a great kit, because they want selling a lot of them right?