1/72 Boeing 314 (Dixie Clipper), F.D.Roosevelt ship to Casablanca (1943), vacu

6 hours ago, bryanm said:

Magnificent - love the colour scheme and the beaching trolley!

Thank you!  I was also fascinated when I met photo of Clipper in this scheme. And this was a very good decission that I did this trolley. Even it is is only an approximation of how the real trolley looked like, since I had only few photos posted by a BM mate...

6 hours ago, J Sherratt said:

Wow that is an impressive looking model. Like it. John

Many thanks!

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Very impressive model, J-W! It is huge! That is also a very impressive collection of models - I especially like the SCW set. I may have about as many SCW kits, but all yours are built up, whereas most of mine are still in their boxes.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 6:32 PM, Learstang said:

Very impressive model, J-W! It is huge! That is also a very impressive collection of models - I especially like the SCW set. I may have about as many SCW kits, but all yours are built up, whereas most of mine are still in their boxes.

Best Regards,

Jason

Thank you Jason. I still have few (about 5 or 7) SCW machines in my stash and last year I thought for while that I will do them in series, but instead (suddently in last autumn) I  turned to US Navy machines doing series of three Grummans (Duck, Widgeon and Goose), three Curtisses (Seamew, Sehawk and Segull - not finished yet) and three big boats: Coronado, Mariner and now Clipper.  I am thinking on continue this series with Sikorsky S 43 (Special Hobby) and PBN-1 Nomad (Broplan conversion with Academy kit), then likely I will turn back to SCW continouing floatplanes with Savoia SM 55  and Heinkel He 59 (maybe....),

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

I followed this build from afar but signed up partly to comment on it because I found it quite inspiring. The speed and skill with which you tackled this kit is very impressive in my opinion and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it come together. 

I remember building the 1/144 scale Airfix kit when I was a nipper with my dad. I've had a fondness for the shape of the 314 ever since and your build really captured it and brought back some fond memories. 

Thank- you

P.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, P.1127 said:

I followed this build from afar but signed up partly to comment on it because I found it quite inspiring. The speed and skill with which you tackled this kit is very impressive in my opinion and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it come together. 

I remember building the 1/144 scale Airfix kit when I was a nipper with my dad. I've had a fondness for the shape of the 314 ever since and your build really captured it and brought back some fond memories. 

Thank- you

P.

I appreciate your comment, Many thanks. It could be nice to have injected kit of Clipper in 1/72. Maybe one day....The shapes of Clipper are really very nice, 

6 hours ago, Viking said:

That is a really impressive bit of work. Hard to believe it is a vac form.  I enjoyed the WIP Too,

Cheers

John

Many thanks too. I am glad to hear this. I think I can be satisfied how it turned out... ;)

On 4/11/2019 at 10:13 PM, phildagreek said:

Very smart!

Many thanks for comment :) 

Regards

J-W

That is really rather gorgeous Jerzy, you've made a super job on that difficult kit & you've taken the best colour scheme these ever wore & absolutely triumphed with it. I'm liking it so much. :thumbsup:

Steve.

• Like 1

Steve, many thanks! I am rather satisfied how it turned out, it could be better of course, though. But the quality of vacu wasindeed  a bit disapointing if you compare to for example Broplan sets... 

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

I never noticed this thread before but i has come up in WW2 post. What a great job! I have one of these somewhere............... !!

Ed, finally! :) :) :)  I am very glad, that you like it !   

This was a really nice time spent on doing this model, I tried self-printed decals and the size of model was really unusual. . .And I am very surprised, that it was only 3 and half years ago,

11 hours ago, Paul Alan Bardell said:

That's a great model of a beautiful aircraft.

And a stunning paint scheme.

B R

Many thanks! The painting scheme was one of the biggest temptation for doing her!

Regards

J-W

On 10/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, franky boy said:

Great work JWM. 

Thats one big aeroplane!

James

Many thanks!

When I look now on it from a nearly 4 years distance -  for sure it was one of the most challenging play of all my so far models (ie. within ~55 years of modelling....), perhaps even the top one. 

On shelf it looks the biggest in collection, even two Me Gigants *321 and 323) standing near looks smaller, although they have  bigger  wing spans... 

Regards

J-W

• Like 1