AZ/Hippo Gotha V 1/48 Decals

Harold55

I keep looking at my AZ Gotha V bomber in the stash and would love to tackle it but to be honest the decal schemes provided are anything but colorful.  I am not aware of any 1/48 after market decals available but that would be one solution if there were any.   I can print my own decals for simple stuff like lettering provided I could find a font but would have difficulty with more complex designs.  This may be a problem with the type of plane too, they might not have done much in the way of gaudyness for the basic V model (lots of choices for the IV model).  Any suggestions? 

Your choices are very limited for this kit.Techmod of Poland produced some decals for Polish post WW1 a/c,but I don't think they are available at the mo,you might find some on fleabay.The only other way is to check out some web pages,build logs or Windsock data files for images that you could possibly use to print off markings for your own personal use.

Dave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alfisti said:

Your choices are very limited for this kit.Techmod of Poland produced some decals for Polish post WW1 a/c,but I don't think they are available at the mo,you might find some on fleabay.

Dave.

No, still available, but only for one machine, and AFAIK only from Hannants:  https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TM48115

Not particcularly colourful either though.

Paul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help.  I will see if I can get a copy of the Windsock datafiles Gothas as that should have some info on the basic V model.  I think they only made 12 of them so there might not be much of a choice but I did see a painting with one having a bright red tail and rear fuselage.  And I would like a German version only because they us them in combat.  The Va and Vb models had some nice looking schemes but I have no interest in tackling the scratch building to get them looking right.   Too many models and so little time.

• 1 month later...

Mine got stalled at the decalling stage and sits on the shelf of doom but my research looking at the Datafile and one photo is daytime fabric lozenges on the wings and horizontal tail surfaces and the fuselage is light blue. The limited builds show an all light blue scheme. All profiles show the green snake.   It’s not a bad kit but the fuselage tunnel was a bear to blend in and the engines need to be reworked so the nacelle struts line up properly. 

• Like 1