This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Dear Colleagues

I recently finished a kit I had half finished several years ago.  These were the days of nylon thread and I have now moved to the much more forgiving Uschi van der Rosten lycra.  The markings are for the famous ace Georges Guynemer.  I calmed down the look and markings with an overspray of the Gunze Israeli sand colour

hvKCRwL.jpg

62pUpje.jpg

Kf6R0qB.jpg

dFYlJVW.jpg

vsf4w7w.jpg

Shame people don't seem to do so much 1/72 WWI biplanes these days.  Must try an Airfix BE2c though.

Hope you like it?

Andrew

Too few SPADs to be seen...and yours is lovely. Excellent muting effect of the sand overspray.

(Perfect background as well!)

Beautifully built and finished Andrew. My trouble is that even in 1/48, WWI types are so small for ageing eyes and 1/72......well just miniscule. If I could finish them to this standard I would build more - they look exquisite!

Cheers

Malcolm

Excellent work and very nice. What scale and kit is it? Also, how did you approach the rigging. The rigging looks fantastic.

Superb! I assume it's the Eduard kit, and you did a wonderful job with it...!

I love WWI aircraft and you have done an excellent job here.  Very nice job on the pictures too and a great idea on toning down the finish.  I am also a big fan of Ushi and have found it helps alot.  But I can say for myself I have enough problems rigging in 1/48 so would have no hope to see what I would be doing in 1/72, my eyesight is no longer good enough.   So build them while you can Andrew! 

Dear Colleagues

Yes, it is the 1/72 Eduard kit.  To rig it I wear magnifiers over my existing spectacles whilst cursing under my breath!

I am doing another one in RFC colours so more to follow!

Andrew

Excellent, gotta love a SPAD :)

What the others have written: a really good model and a very good idea to overspray lightly with sand. I too wear an eye loupe on my spectacles when working on the small parts of models in this scale.

P