A French delicacy SPAD XIII

Dear Colleagues

I recently finished a kit I had half finished several years ago.  These were the days of nylon thread and I have now moved to the much more forgiving Uschi van der Rosten lycra.  The markings are for the famous ace Georges Guynemer.  I calmed down the look and markings with an overspray of the Gunze Israeli sand colour

hvKCRwL.jpg

62pUpje.jpg

Kf6R0qB.jpg

dFYlJVW.jpg

vsf4w7w.jpg

Shame people don't seem to do so much 1/72 WWI biplanes these days.  Must try an Airfix BE2c though.

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 37

Beautifully built and finished Andrew. My trouble is that even in 1/48, WWI types are so small for ageing eyes and 1/72......well just miniscule. If I could finish them to this standard I would build more - they look exquisite!

Cheers

Malcolm

I love WWI aircraft and you have done an excellent job here.  Very nice job on the pictures too and a great idea on toning down the finish.  I am also a big fan of Ushi and have found it helps alot.  But I can say for myself I have enough problems rigging in 1/48 so would have no hope to see what I would be doing in 1/72, my eyesight is no longer good enough.   So build them while you can Andrew! 

Dear Colleagues

Yes, it is the 1/72 Eduard kit.  To rig it I wear magnifiers over my existing spectacles whilst cursing under my breath!

I am doing another one in RFC colours so more to follow!

Andrew

What the others have written: a really good model and a very good idea to overspray lightly with sand. I too wear an eye loupe on my spectacles when working on the small parts of models in this scale.

P