Tankbuster - Revell 1/72 SU-25 Frogfoot

rafalbert

No.3 to the GB will be the old Revell kit which I will finish in the Czech scheme (I have only seen a CzAF aircraft in the flesh). I think the accuracy may be questionable, but my father bought it for me in a sale over 10 years ago so it is definitely time to bring it to the fore.

Dave

IMG_20190402_174122

C

• Like 7

Welcome again Dave and with a build I was hoping would make an appearance!

I do like these aircraft a lot, a 1/48th one of these was in my selection process for my 2nd or 3rd build.

I don't know much about the Revell model but the Czech scheme will be great.

Good luck with this build, I look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

On 4/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, rafalbert said:

the decals are excellent.

I bought this sheet off ebay to go with my KP Su-25, I wasn't keen on the KP options & did like the Revell schemes though I intend to do mine as one of the Russian ones from the Bagram air base.

Steve.

you could always do a Ukriane one in the Digital scheme? There are a nice set of decals available for this scheme from Foxbot Decals so it'll make the job a bit easier.

I've got a set for mine.....it was in the running for this GB at one stage. Probably would have been a better choice than the Do-215!

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

you could always do a Ukriane one in the Digital scheme?

Just your little joke Rich? I'll take no notice. :P Actually, if I wasn't kinda made up on the Russian one (I like the camo scheme) your suggestion would be kinda cool. :)

Steve.

ummm :unsure: did I?  

I did make a mistake with the decals, the 1/72nd are by Authentic Decals but the designs are by Foxbot (they do the digital masks and decals in 1/48th).

• 1 month later...

Well guys, I have made a start. Revell have split the fuselage in the "top and bottom" format, which for me left a step down the front right hand side. Thus has now been rubbed down, so I am going to have to rescribe some of the detail. Fortunately the panel lines are engraved which will make life easier.

IMG_20190511_162631

• Like 4

great to see this one is under way, you always end up with horrible join lines on the sides when they mould them like that. That's Revell being lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, unfortunately my father is in hospital with a major chest infection amongst other things, and not looking to leave there for some time. Another complication is that he is in Leeds and I am in Fareham, meaning that my days off and a lot of my spare time is either up there or running around trying to sort things. I am trying to squeeze modelling in when I can but obviously this is not a priority at the moment. This is affecting the Canberra, FW190 and TU-22 as well, but I will post updates as and when I can.

• Sad 3

no problems at all, family matters override everything else. I do hope your father gets well soon, things like this can be very worrying.

I think everyone here would like send their best wishes and thoughts for you guys and hope for a speedy recovery for your father.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,
It has been a while since my last update due to the sad passing of my father. I am still running up and down the country sorting things out, but I did manage a little time out this weekend and made a little progress. The main assembly is now done (still some filling and tidying to sort) and she is starting to look like a Frogfoot.

IMG_20190616_180710

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, rafalbert said:

The main assembly is now done (still some filling and tidying to sort) and she is starting to look like a Frogfoot.

This bit would have rated a like but the news of your Dad definitely rated a sad face, I'm sorry to hear of this, its never easy loosing a parent & the inevitable sorting out that goes with it. Hoping that some modelling will fill in the gaps between the mayhem with some restorative calm. The Su-25 is coming along well.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

that is sad news to hear! Our thoughts are definitely with you, it's a say time that many of us have also had to deal with, so deepest sympathies to you and your family.

It is nice to see you have had a some time to do a little bit of work on your builds, just the sort of thing to help take you mind off all the other things going on.

• Thanks 1

As others have said it is never an easy time and you have my deepest sympathies. Working on a model can be a great way to find some respite from all that happens at such times but only when you have the chance and desire to do so.

• Thanks 1