This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

The IPMS Avon Posse had a realty good time as usual. I did think at first that the attendance might have been down a bit, but on reflection the change in layout over the last couple of years has opened out the aisles nicely so the " choke points" don't appear any more, which may make things feel a little more open. Despite the space, there are still have some people not thinking about the trajectory of their rucksacks though!  I thought there were quite a few bargains to be had - Antics stand opposite us halved in height within just a couple of hours - shame that my stash has pretty much everything I want at the moment. I did pick up a Percival Proctor in 1/48th at a decent price.  I was selling a box of 1/72 kits for someone else, and although I had priced them at the low end of completed E Bay prices, few went, despite me being very open to offers, so maybe its just that funds are tight and expectations of prices are a bit too low.  Shame the Airfix Spitfire wasn't in the country yet as I suspect that would have moved a few.  The coffee and tea are a tad expensive but that's pretty standard for a Museum/attraction and actually I've seen much higher prices. The quality is pretty good and they certainly know how to make Macchiato or a Cappuccino. The food on offer is also quite decent for a Museum.  Long may it continue - one of my favourites.

As much as I hate to rain on anyone's parade, the rumours about the Show not going on next year could (potentially) hold some water.

I chatted to the show's manager and he said it would be his very last show as organiser. He has moved a long distance from Cosford recently and has subsequently had to stand down from the job. To quote him directly, the show's future is "...entirely dependant on the Club's input". People can interpret those words as they see fit.

I certainly hope we have a Cosford model show for many more years, as I have thoroughly enjoyed attending on the last 8 or 9 occasions.  

Many thanks to all the folks who made yesterday's show possible.

Chris.

Yes, Gary is relinquishing his role due to relocation, but the other members of the club want to continue with the show, so I don't think you have to worry unduly. We expect to be back next year.

16 hours ago, 3DStewart said:

Yes, Gary is relinquishing his role due to relocation, but the other members of the club want to continue with the show, so I don't think you have to worry unduly. We expect to be back next year.

Hi, 3DStewart.

Thank you for clearing that up. It would be a HUGE shame to have seen the last of the show this year.  

Cheers.

Chris.

Absolutely agree, one of the best shows on the 'tour'

Phew

There is no indication whatsoever that this show is stopping. Gary is currently working down south and could not devote the time needed to organise the Cosford show in future years. I'm sure there are others in Shropshire Scale Modellers/TelfordIPMS who can take over the reins.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years in organising this show Gary, from all of us in IP84 and Mercia. Top Job!

Andy