Airfix P-40C Warhawk

Friends,

Here is the Airfix P-40.  I built this kit straight out of the box as it was part of Airfix`s “Dogfight Doubles” with the A6M2 Zero.  I used a slightly different color for the fabric surfaces to provide a contrast.  I used EZ-Line for the radio antenna wire before I discovered the Uschi and Infini brands for rigging.  The EZ-Line is not to scale on the thicker side. I weathered the Warhawk with pencils, pastels, washes and paint.   Like nearly all of Airfix`s modern tooled kits, I found it to be very enjoyable and had no issues whatsoever.  Highly recommended.  

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!

Respectfully submitted,

Mike

IMG-7712.jpg

IMG-7714.jpg

IMG-7717.jpg

IMG-7718.jpg

IMG-7720.jpg

• Like 23

Beautiful! I think the antenna line looks very good, even if it is on the thick side.

I like the collection of P-40s. You probably have an "N" model and an "E" model in there -- anything else?

Nice work, it looks superb!

I don;t know if you are aware of the history of that particular marking scheme. It is the mount of 2nd Lt. G Welch who was credited with 4 kills and a probable I believe during the pearl harbour raid. I also made one of these recently but I chose '155' which was the mount of 2nd Lt K Taylor who also got 4 kills during the pearl harbour raid, using decals from a starfighter decals 'pearl harbour defenders' set.

I have always liked the olive drab over neutral grey scheme P-40's ever since I watched the film Tora,Tora,Tora, which featured the exploits of those two pilots.

Rich

Edited by Rich G

Beautiful model, reminds me that I have the same in stash … to be finished as a Russian lend-lease aircraft!

I also have the Special Hobby P-40N, which will make for an interesting comparison.

Good to know that the Airfix kit doesn't have any fit issues.

Best greetings!

Roman