Canadair Sabre Mk 5 1/48 Monogram

Thanks, seat is in already and is gray and detail painted! It stays gray, oh well. Monogram has a scoop on the right fuselage

between the 2 "hinges" for the air brake door. Does that stay or go? Thanks again, John.

moeA9qL.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Johnv said:

Thanks, seat is in already and is gray and detail painted! It stays gray, oh well. Monogram has a scoop on the right fuselage

between the 2 "hinges" for the air brake door. Does that stay or go? Thanks again, John.

moeA9qL.jpg

It goes.

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

@Tony Edmundson - here's 23135 with a grey seat: I have similar shots of other GH Mk.5s. Maybe both colours then? Every day is a school day :)

Duncan,  yes there exists pics of Grey and pics of black cockpits.   I guess pick one and go with what you see.   The GH Mk6 at the museum in Hamilton has a grey cockpit overpainted in black(all original).

9 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

I've just done a GH MK5 and all the period photos showed the GH painted their cockpits/seats black, but left the rear canopy area grey.

Tony

23320 - another GH Mk.5 with grey seat.

sabre 5

• Like 2

one more just for good measure.  There was enough pics of both colours to give me serious doubts during my build, in the end I just went with one pic of 23037, before it received the Al leading edges and intake lip. (not this pic)

11228520_733544773422569_178038408985329

• Like 1

I sanded the fuselage seams, added the air brakes, nose and nose wheel well.

I packed in 15 grams of weight on top of the nose wheel well then capped it off.

Shouldn't tail sit now.---John

jxugGUf.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks. I made the scoops for the side of the fuselage. I used a reference picture

to locate them. They still need some filling and sanding but they are shaping up.

I used some scoops from a 1/72 Revell Eurofighter kit. I believe they were scoops

to some sort of pod.---John

KTNM0Ya.jpg

I9uECJj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're welcome. The wings are on and will need some filling in the wing roots. The right

side is bad, the left not so much.---John

FODZBt3.jpg

xDKroYE.jpg

a0Pyqzz.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Back to the Golden Hawk. I started masking for the silver on the leading edges of the wings and

the intake around the nose.---John

yb2gYt0.jpg

9Y4doRe.jpg