Aoshima/Beemax 1/20 Brabham BT-52, Monaco '83

Having reviewed my modelling output for the last 3 years I noticed that there was a distinct lack of F1 builds so to redress the balance I dug this one out of the cupboard!

ZYQzjLf.jpg?1

This is one of my top 3 favourite F1 cars, probably in 3rd behind the Williams FW14 and Ferrari 126C2.

The box contents are up there with Tamiya.

fgZdR9W.jpg?1

I3rPOiO.jpg?1

I also bought the upgrade pack at the same time with plenty of PE, CF decals and hose connectors. 

ZWsNzq9.jpg?1

YIh9pIZ.jpg?1

I like the PE stencils for the numbers on the radiators.

6UmfGby.jpg?1

For reference material I am waiting for the Haynes Owners Manual to arrive having found it on The Works web site for £6 posted!

Cheers for now,

Warren

• Like 2

Warren,

Excellent. I have one of these. It will be my next model once I  clear the other WIPs out of the way. I look forward to your progress.

I assume you have seen caterhamnut's excellent MFH 1/12 BT53B.

ATB

Nick

Managed to get a bit done on this over the weekend.  Paint thrown on to engine and gearbox!

tDTx8ti.jpg?1

qMlPWHc.jpg?1

fAI3NnW.jpg?1

The silver on the casing is a decal which I was a bit unsure of using but having used Mig's decal set and fix I think it turned out okay.  You do need to be gentle with the fix though it is strong stuff and when it says don't touch the decal after application it means it!!

Now to pour through the Haynes manual and look at the plumbing I want to add.

Cheers,

WArren

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Warren

Watching this with interest, I've modelled a couple of 1/20 classic F1 cars with another 8 odd in the stash to do with a nice gap on the shelf just the right size for this beauty! I have a little experience of the real things having worked at Williams machining metallic parts from 1998 to 2007.

Taking my lad to Goodwood FoS this year too.

Where did you get the detail up set from? SpotModel?

cheers

Christian

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:00, MrTufty said:

Hi Warren

Watching this with interest, I've modelled a couple of 1/20 classic F1 cars with another 8 odd in the stash to do with a nice gap on the shelf just the right size for this beauty! I have a little experience of the real things having worked at Williams machining metallic parts from 1998 to 2007.

Taking my lad to Goodwood FoS this year too.

Where did you get the detail up set from? SpotModel?

cheers

Christian

Hi Christian,

I bought the detail up set with the kit from Hobby Link Japan.

Interesting career! Shame they are not the force in F1 that they used to be, hopefully that will comeback.

Heading down to Goodwood too on the Sunday.

Cheers,

Warren