SM.79 Italeri 1/72 - 10-years old model renovation

Hello!
This model was accomplished in 2009 –it was last year as a junior modeller (according to modelling contests terms). The model has been entairly covered with Humbrol enamel paints by brush.
While visiting my hometown, I decided to go to local modelling club which I used to be a member. That’s how I redeemed my old, dusty plane.
This plane got me winning various modelling contests many times, and that’s why it’s a special memento for me. Unfortunately, despite of all great overall reviews, I didn’t feel quite satisfied with the weathering part – it’s was my first time doing that technique. I had built rather clean models before.
Now, I decided to give it a little renovation.
I improved decals which hadn’t been secured before and they started to fall off. I used decal fix to secure them. Next, with a little help from warm water and cotton ear sticks, I removed ugly wash and weathering. I improved gently few more tiny elements and then I put 2 layers of clear varnish.
I made light wash (using oil paints mixed with white spirit) to mark panel lines. All convered with satin varnish.
At the end, I mount new antenna wires. This time they were correctly attatched based on online photos (back to those days I relied only on instruction and photo cover of the model box).

Here you can see more renovation  in progess photos: 
https://minihangar.online/renowacja-sm-79-sparviero-final/ 

(I will be grateful for pressing the heart button under the article on the blog!)
Full gallery:
https://minihangar.online/galeria/savoia-marchetti-sm-79-sparviero-italeri-1-72/

There is a post in polish but you are wecome to see the gallery „step by step”.

Before the renovation:

SM.79-Sparviero-renowacja-2.jpg

SM.79-Sparviero-renowacja-5.jpg

SM.79-Sparviero-renowacja.jpg

After:

SM.79-Sparviero-Italeri-031.jpg

SM.79-Sparviero-Italeri-029.jpg

SM.79-Sparviero-Italeri-010.jpg

• Like 21

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Well, that is a great result, Philip.

Martin

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Very good recovery of an old model. Looks like it has many years of life in it now.

4 hours ago, MikeR said:

Looks good!

Mike.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Very nice!!!!  Now I want to build one.  👍

I'm planning to build SM.81 Pipistrello and SM.82 Marsupiale, especially SM.82 in a similar camouflage. Great looking planes.

Edited by Feelip90