Flashback Aviatik D.I 1/48

Here's a Flashback I finished a few years ago.  The color profile for this model is in the JaPo book on the Aviatik D.I & D.II page 98. The prototype photo is on 87. I used a Micron brown pen to add the numerous dot pattern and the sealed it an added the streaking.img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D

• Like 21

Fantastic mottling work and original camouflage, congratulations!
By the way i got the same the same periods than you!

I have a ww1 plane models forum.

there there is a section for beautifull things seen in the web. i put there your pics with your permission:

http://1914.forumactif.com/t212-maquettes-de-trapanelles-vues-ailleurs-sur-la-toile#3935

by the way you are welcome in the forum if you are interested!

Xan

I initially laid down the tan color and streaked on the green using oil paints and turpentine. This was sealed with a flat finish (probably Dullcote) and the used the Micron ink to replicate the numerous dot patterns.  I’d work on the dots for a while and come back the following day and do more.  Probably only took a couple hours.  Although the ink is water proof it will smear if handled so another coat of Dullcote was airbrushed on to seal everything.   It’s a shame this kit hasn’t been reissued as there’s lots of interesting color schemes for it.