Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk VMA-225 `Vagabonds'

Here is another Airfix 1/72 A-4B Skyhawk finished as an aircraft from VMA-225 `Vagabonds'. The information came from Naval Fighters No.50 A-4A/B Skyhawk in USMC/USMCR/USNR service. The decals were made and printed by myself and the only other addition was the 150 gal fuel tanks which were from Freightdog Models.

sDSCN3004

sDSCN3005

sDSCN3008

sDSCN3009

sDSCN3010

sDSCN3007

Robert

• Like 32

Hi Robert,

stunning A-4. This is really a lovely kit and you've done it more than justice!

Printing your own decals is impressive (this is sci fi for me) and they came out great.

Did you do anything to the panel lines. as they do not seem as deep as they are on the kit?

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

Hello Jean, did not do anything special to the panel lines, l just spray painted the model with Gunze acrylics.

Robert

Robert,

Very, very nice early Scooter! I don't have the new Airfix kit, but it looks pretty good, so guess I will have to snag one, as I really like the looks and the colorful markings of the early A-4's. I also agree that the scribing on your model doesn't look as wide as in sprue shot photos I have seen. Did you fill them with anything? You even got the characteristic fuel/oil stains peculiar to the Scooter- bonus points!

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike, no l did not fill them in with anything. I think it depends on how you paint the model and have done nothing differently than l normally do. I too like the early Scooters and have some conversion parts for the A-4C. I have the A4D-1 (A-4A) next on the list to do.

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Robert

Edited by Robert