Pavla Fieseler Fi 167A-0 questions

JOCKNEY

I was very fortunate to be given one of these recently, but it has the instructions, Decals and clear parts missing ( I do like a challenge ! )

Does anyone know where you can get replacements, does anyone make them ?

Does anyone know what the colour scheme should be ?

I have written to Pavla, however as the kit has been discontinued I am not too optimistic 

Any help / guidance / commiserations greatly appreciated  !

cheers Pat

Pavla is out of business, so you'll be lucky to get a response, but I gather the prime man is still around so perhaps.  Some of the kits have been passed on to other producers.

The colour scheme was 72/73 over 65, with a low demarcation, like other maritime aircraft.  At least one aircraft did have a three or even four colour experimental camouflage but I've not seen any suggestion what they were.  Surviving aircraft were delivered to Croatia with a high demarcation scheme and mottled fuselage sides. I have seen a profile but not a photo.

It shouldn't be to difficult to find appropriate German crosses and swastikas.  You might also be able to find what the factory codes were for the production batch, and maybe even concoct what the unit codes would have been - I'll have a little dig among Ju87 references.

• Like 1

Year or so back, as I understood it.  Maybe more - I think a few of their kits have turned up modified under the AZ label.  Although that kind of mould-switching isn't uncommon in Czech circles it wasn't otherwise a habit of Pavla and there was some talk about it.  Sorry I can't be more precise.

• Like 1

Hello

Here is a double Fi 167 build, found on BM RFI forum. The original camouflage scheme may have been RLM 72/73/65, but photos of aircraft in service of NDH puppet state suggest additional blotches of unspecified colour. While I am inclining towards a repaint, the usual wear and tear could not be excluded.

Jockney, how about Yugoslav Partisan Fi 167 as a challenge? The first photo on this site shows the aircraft still in NDH markings just after defecting to Partisans and the third photo shows remains of her fuselage and tail after it had been shot down by RAF (SAAF?) Mustangs. The second and the fourth photos show post-war machines in Yugoslav service and I am undecided on the fifth photo. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1

@JOCKNEY PM me your email address and I will send you a few files.

Although some pictures on the net appear to show 2 canopies per kit, my two kits came with one each (Edit - or so I thought). You may get lucky and be able to have a duplicate from somewhere. This was Pavla's first ever IM kit and must have been discontinued more than a decade ago.

While some Fi167s were used for Luftwaffe camouflage trials (unfortunately no pictures have come to light) it is most likely that the ones used by the Croatian forces were in their original colours, albeit with some wear and tear.

Edited some hours later - unbelievably I have found a spare canopy!! Look for one closer to home first though!

Edited again once the shops in Prague are open - according to my sources, Pavla are still in business!

• Like 1

Pavla are still in business as manufacturers of resin sets but have long abandoned the production of complete kits. They still have a few listed as available on their website, but the Fi.167 is not one of these. Even the available kits however were all moulded  a good few years ago

I have one in the stash and can scan the instructions, will have to wait til I get back from a business trip though.

• Like 2

Pat,

Here is mine build of Fi-167 with Lift-Here (Serbia) decals applied.

For sure I have instruction somwhere, it is likely that decals unfortunatelly  I have canibalised for some other machines. But maybe not, I do not know it.

I have to look to my drawer if there is a canopy (thre were two, both vacu, as Ed said)

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

Dear Pat,

I have found both intruction and canopy, though the last one is not a virgin - I cut out the gunner opening so maybe you will prefere a untouched one? Anyway I will try to send you photos of intruction first . Made a PM to me to set details

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

On 3/31/2019 at 2:08 PM, JOCKNEY said:

clear parts missing ( I do like a challenge ! )

Does anyone know where you can get replacements, does anyone make them ?

I wrote to Pavla recently about some Defiant missing vacu parts, and received both the quick answer and the parts.

I have to commend them for having as great a spares service as the "big-boys", such as Revell, Airfix, etc.

If they do not reply, there are some vac canopies for Your machine on sale at German e-bay (link below)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Modellbauzubehor-PE-S-Vakukanzel-Fi-167-1-72-Pavla/283414373631?epid=639272512&hash=item41fcd024ff:g:PvQAAOSw5GZbQL0R

Regards,

Aleksandar

Are there any interior references for Fi 167 available? I was searching for them everywhere and the result is a big zero. Virtually nothing at all. This is strange given how well documented such things from Luftwaffe usually are.