АМГ, S.R. 45 Princess 1/350

Ivan  Shepel

2 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

How big will it be in 1/350th?   I know it's a big aircraft but I should imagine it will still be small in that scale.

The wingspan was 66.9 m so it is 19.1 cm in 1/350.

How many models are done in this scale? Is it start of new standard scale proposed by AMG for huge machines?

Regards

J-W

The scale is chosen ship to put it next to the ship on a diorama. Three color schemes are planned, two real and one hypothetical Royal Navy. Yes, this is the beginning of a large series (if there is interest in the market). The model is ready and will soon go on sale, waiting only for the etching.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ivan Shepel said:

The scale is chosen ship to put it next to the ship on a diorama. Three color schemes are planned, two real and one hypothetical Royal Navy. Yes, this is the beginning of a large series (if there is interest in the market). The model is ready and will soon go on sale, waiting only for the etching.

Hello Ivan

That does make perfect sense and, I can understand the attraction for ship modellers. However. not everybody wants to make a diorama and I cannot help but think that the small scale might limit appeal (and sales) to aircraft modellers. That  however is just my opinion and, I genuinely hope your model does well. It's encouraging to see new companies starting up. Maybe you can consider a larger scale for future releases? Although I do not personally like such small scales ( I am mostly an aircraft modeller) this is such a unique and interesting subject that I could see myself buying a couple for the alternative schemes! How about a Spruce Goose, K M Ekranoplan or, Bristol Brabazon?😀.

Allan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Hello Ivan

That does make perfect sense and, I can understand the attraction for ship modellers. However. not everybody wants to make a diorama and I cannot help but think that the small scale might limit appeal (and sales) to aircraft modellers. That  however is just my opinion and, I genuinely hope your model does well. It's encouraging to see new companies starting up. Maybe you can consider a larger scale for future releases? Although I do not personally like such small scales ( I am mostly an aircraft modeller) this is such a unique and interesting subject that I could see myself buying a couple for the alternative schemes! How about a Spruce Goose, K M Ekranoplan or, Bristol Brabazon?😀.

Allan

everything has its time

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 11:53 PM, SeaVenom said:

Will the cockpit canopy and fuselage windows be in clear plastic?

Not. Decol. Too small to pour. Places will be marked on the fuselage, if you want you can drill out and drop liquid glass.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
37 minutes ago, Violet Club said:

Я все еще надеюсь на другие наборы в масштабе 1/350 (Hugues Hercules, BV-238...)

Will. If they don't grind us to powder here. And we will survive what will be.

• Like 2