Seated Pilot Figures

grgattermeyer

Does anyone know of a source for 50's/60's seated pilot figures in 1/72nd scale? I'd like to build a series of aircraft in flight and not having crew members in place just seems wrong. There are many available in various poses, but seated figures are hard to come by.

PJ Productions produced a number of seated 1/72 and 1/48 pilot figures. They are easily sourced from eBay and also available from Hannants.

I do wish kit manufacturers include pilot figures but it seem that this is less of a trend nowadays.

8 hours ago, grgattermeyer said:

Does anyone know of a source for 50's/60's seated pilot figures in 1/72nd scale? I'd like to build a series of aircraft in flight and not having crew members in place just seems wrong. There are many available in various poses, but seated figures are hard to come by.

As the guys below have said PJ Productions do seated pilot figures. They're nicely detailed and some of them have posable arms. They're cast in resin in case you're not aware of that.

Thank you all! The PJ pilots are just what I need. YK GOH, I agree. I also wish the kit producers still included them and I remember when they did. It would certainly make things easier, but I doubt many builders today are interested in using them. A figure posed outside the aircraft is much more common.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealMrEd said:

FWIW, back in the "day", the seated figures in the Revellogram F-105's were considered about the best pilot figures of the Vietnam era...

Ed

I've read that elsewhere. I have Monogram's 48th Thud but not the 72nd. I do have Monogram's 1/72nd Phantom. I wonder if it's the same pilot. I suppose I could always make copies if I needed to, but buying them is so much easier.

Adding to this thread, the photo here shows the 1/48 PJ Production RAF Pilot (50-60's).

Would this pass off as a Royal Navy pilot?...if I use it on a Wyvern and a Sea Hawk during the Suez campaign??

20190324_121808

What annoys me is that  most if not all of the figures available are aircrew,  who are the people you are least likely to see around an aircraft on the ground as you only see them  when they turn up go flying, and when they land they quickly dissapear into flight ops for a brew. 

What we desperately need are some really good groundcrew figures. Where are the figures  of groundcrew sat in cockpits?  That  happens  far  far more often than a pilot!

Selwyn

• Like 3

On 4/2/2019 at 5:04 PM, YK GOH said:

Adding to this thread, the photo here shows the 1/48 PJ Production RAF Pilot (50-60's).

Would this pass off as a Royal Navy pilot?...if I use it on a Wyvern and a Sea Hawk during the Suez campaign??

20190324_121808

Most of it looks ok for a fifty's sixty's RN driver. I'm not sure the oxygen mask is right? You would need to modifie the colours too, blue grey flying suite?

Edited by canberra kid