Werner Voss 54 mm

Ted

Just finished basing this resin figure from Model Cellar. It's a super realistic sculpt of Werner Voss, painted with acrylics.

IMG_7534

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

You sure used the right words Ted Super Realistic and you have done just that,Excellent work,Cheers.

Thanks Jim, I'm happy with the painting, but the sculpt...I just don't understand how someone can do that with such a small figure. The owner of Model Cellar said that the artist did this sculpt and also a 1/48 version by making separate masters from scratch. They both look identical 😳

8 hours ago, NPL said:

excellent!

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

Excellent painting. If I'm not mistaken this was sculpted by Mike Good, one of the best. An image search will throw up some of his other work, it's worth taking a look. 

Roger.

So true Roger, he's a master. I painted his Billy Bishop figure too and enjoyed every minute. I don't usually buy expensive figure models but am happy to pay the asking price for these.

I have one more of his models, the Richthofen figure in the Wingnut Wings Albatross kit and am looking forward to painting it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ted said:

So true Roger, he's a master. I painted his Billy Bishop figure too and enjoyed every minute. I don't usually buy expensive figure models but am happy to pay the asking price for these.

I have one more of his models, the Richthofen figure in the Wingnut Wings Albatross kit and am looking forward to painting it.

You know what I'm going to go and look at now don't you? 😄

• Haha 1