1/72 - Bristol M.1C & M.1D by AviS - released

Homebee

Since I will always go for the civil option, M-1D for me. Avis has been getting some of my $ lately; first the Bristol Racer and now this. I've already built the AG-4 and the EADS Barracuda. Both had some struggles - beware their supplied canopy masking medium - but were buildable. I'll be picking up both the early Shorts types when they become available too. 

• Like 1

The M.1c is def on my want list.

Kevin Callahan, you made mention of early Short types. Is there a listing for these, showing which ones are coming?

Thanks. Jim F

Edited by JimF
Added question

18 hours ago, JimF said:

The M.1c is def on my want list.

Kevin Callahan, you made mention of early Short types. Is there a listing for these, showing which ones are coming?

Thanks. Jim F

I was going to send you to the Hannants future releases page, but Scalemates works too. 

Terrific.  Definitely up for an M.1C but really tempted by the 'D' as well.  The artwork for the 1C has a very temperate look to it.  It is an aircraft of 72 Squadron while operating from Mirjana in Mesopotamia.  Always really like this aircraft.  Jolly fast, apparently. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/06/2019 at 04:13, Moa said:

M1D for me!

The Red Devil boxing has decals for Spanish civil M.1C M-AFAA if you want another one @Moa

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Got mine yesterday, the parts appear to match up well to the IR Stair drawings in Windsock 52

• Like 1

Cheers, will wait for the red devil boxing, G-EAVP looks great but eventually crashed killing the pilot and I have a sad superstition not to model aircraft which crashed fatally. I seem to remember that Mike McEvoy of Scale Aircraft Modelling fame has a similar outlook.

Cheers, Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 8:03 AM, Dave Swindell said:

The Red Devil boxing has decals for Spanish civil M.1C M-AFAA if you want another one @Moa

As I build my G-EAVO but do research on all civil variants, I noticed that M-AFAA DID NOT have the cut outs on the wings (neither G-EAVO).

This is an easy fix, just fill the area.

It took me just three seconds to find out, doing an Internet search for the reg, and looking at the photo of the real thing.

Avis also has the lower surface as linen with black regs. I am inclined for it to be white, as the background for the regs on the fuselage, but I have no proof.

I see a thin color line on the lower leading edges, absent from AVis' instructions.

The decorated wheel hubs have too colors, I think one of them is too dark to be linen as Avis has it.

Just pointing these things out -all easily corrected- so fellow modelers don't end up with an inaccurate replica for blindingly following the kit.

• Like 1