This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mr T

Sad Day Today

Although I am not the most prolific of posters, they may be even thinner on the ground for a while as my 92 year old mum passed away this morning in the community hospital at Kelso after a marked deterioration of her condition. Her death was not unexpected and my brother and I were with her, which is what she wanted. 

I'm so sorry. Words are of course inadequate, but my best wishes are with you and your family right now.

My condolences Mr T and best wishes to you and your family. 

Posted (edited)

Martin, 

My sincerest of condolences to you, Alison and your family.

Steve

Edited by fatfingers

From me too Martin, my sincere condolences to you & yours. I think it doesn't matter how old you are, the loss of a parent & especially a Mum leaves a void that's hard to fill. Peace be hers now.

Steve.

Condolences Martin to you and your family 

Jim

Condolences from me too. Having suffered a recent bereavement myself, I can empathise.

My condolences, its is never easy to loose  your mother no matter how  much you think you are prepared for it.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts, my mum was the Come Back Kid as we had several scares with her over the past couple of years and now that she has really gone it is very strange. We came home yesterday as there was not much we could do on a weekend after we rang the undertakers and let family and friends know. Alison and I hadn't been really been at home for a week. My brother and I are back up tomorrow for a few days to sort out arrangements etc. Her house is going to take some sorting as it crammed full of stuff and she loved her clothes. 

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother, my own passed away 2 years and 9 months ago. I miss her terribly and think of her often, I hope that, like me, you are able to reach the stage that you can think of her without a great deal of sadness and grief. They are not gone, so long as we still treasure their memory.

Hello Mr T.

Sad news indeed. 

Please receive my condolences.

My best wishes for you and your family.

Sincerely.

CC

Condolences Mr.T. My Mum passed way 19 years ago, also aged 92, and I still miss her. Absent mindedly, when I've got  problem, I think about running it past her. Over time, the pain eases, but the memories remain.

John.

So sorry to hear this mate.

Condolences to you and the family. 

Thanks again for your comments. Spent last four days up there sorting legal and funeral stuff out as well as contacting people who needed to know. Very weird being in the house when you know mum is never coming back to it. Funeral is on 15th, which is going to be a bit of a trial. Only upside so far is that pub in village is doing catering as we know them quite well and when we went see them got free drink and cake.