Marineflieger RF-104G

mirageiv

gosh there is some work there, the closer you look at each photo the more decals you can see, but gosh she looks nice!!!

I'm glad you're going to keep updating this as I know there are lots who want to see what she looks like when done.

Thank you for joining us, was a huge pleasure as always to follow one of your amazing builds. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks for the too kind words chaps, glad you like it so far!

I've pretty much finished most of the other parts now, just a few antennae, anti-collision lights and that pesky canopy defogging interior tube to sort out :)

Below includes: Aires exhaust, Daco Chaff/Flare units, Daco ladder, Daco nose wheel, scratch 'heated air' German intake covers, Brassin centre pylon (to my surprise I found it in the spares!), True details seat+RBF ribbons, some hydraulic lines added to the legs and gear doors and finally the tips of the fuel tanks with some paint flaking. 

L1180575 copy

I'll glue it all together and get some photos for a RFI soon, thanks for looking.

David 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Amazing little collection of bits & bobs.  Can't wait to see it all stuck together.  Missed deadline or not...it's totally worth the wait.  :cheers:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, modelling minion said:

Hi David,

Have you done any more on your F-104? Would love to see all those excellent sub-assemblies come together.

Hi Craig, sorry for the long delay in reply, I missed this! No in short :doh:. I'm currently building a Mirage and the plan is to finish that along with this F-104 and do a RFI thread of them both. Oddly I lost a little interest when it was 99% done, but soon!

David

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Hi Craig, sorry for the long delay in reply, I missed this! No in short :doh:. I'm currently building a Mirage and the plan is to finish that along with this F-104 and do a RFI thread of them both. Oddly I lost a little interest when it was 99% done, but soon!

David

No problem David, glad that she will be finished soon.

I've lost interest near the end of projects too, you wouldn't think it would happen but it certainly does to me. Interested to hear that you are building a Mirage, but which Mirage?

Started another F-104 myself, a ROCAF one this time, I'll slowly get myself one from every operator :) .

• Like 1

Good to hear she’ll be finished soon David and along with a Mirage.

Modelling mojo’s a funny thing. I completely lost mine earlier in the summer then decided to have a crack at a Tamiya F-14 and am completely back into it now.  Strange?

Regards

James

Edited by franky boy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, franky boy said:

Modelling mojo’s a funny thing. I completely lost mine earlier in the summer then decided to have a crack at a Tamiya F-14 and am completely back into it now.  Strange?

Regards

James

was that by chance the 1/48th version? That model is so awesome it'd restore annoys mojo. I rate it as probably the best model I've ever had the pleasure to build!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

was that by chance the 1/48th version? That model is so awesome it'd restore annoys mojo. I rate it as probably the best model I've ever had the pleasure to build!!

It was Rich. Your absolutely right, it’s a guaranteed mojo restorer! It literally flies together. It’s top of my list to along with Accurate Miniatures Avenger.

Only problem is I hadn’t realised how big it would be so now need some kind of dust free storage solution.

James

• Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, modelling minion said:

No problem David, glad that she will be finished soon.

I've lost interest near the end of projects too, you wouldn't think it would happen but it certainly does to me. Interested to hear that you are building a Mirage, but which Mirage?

Started another F-104 myself, a ROCAF one this time, I'll slowly get myself one from every operator :) .

Hi Craig, I'm building a Swiss Mirage IIIS from the Modelsvit 1/72 kit linked below, it just looked such a nice kit in the box and it is about time I attempted a NMF. I need to check out your GB and F-104 properly this weekend and catch up with the builds there! 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, franky boy said:

Regards

James

Hi James, it is, all I had to do was glue the F-104 together but didn't seem to find the time, once the GB deadline passed it did deflate the mojo on the project tbh. The Tamiya F-14 does seem to be a a good cure for misplaced modelling mojo, have you a thread for your build/completed model? 

Thanks for still showing interest guys :)

David 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Hi Craig, I'm building a Swiss Mirage IIIS from the Modelsvit 1/72 kit linked below, it just looked such a nice kit in the box and it is about time I attempted a NMF. I need to check out your GB and F-104 properly this weekend and catch up with the builds there! 

Hi James, it is, all I had to do was glue the F-104 together but didn't seem to find the time, once the GB deadline passed it did deflate the mojo on the project tbh. The Tamiya F-14 does seem to be a a good cure for misplaced modelling mojo, have you a thread for your build/completed model? 

Thanks for still showing interest guys :)

David 

Hi David 

Its odd sometimes how getting one over the line can take so long. I suppose it’s also worth remembering that they are just bits of plastic at the end of day and it doesn’t really matter if some don’t get finished.

The Tamiya F-14 is definitely worth a look where ever the mojo is. I haven’t done a wip thread yet and it’s at the priming stage. I’ll start over the weekend if I get a minute.

James

• Like 1