This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

John_W

The girl in the spiders web.

Not normally one to post negative reviews, but was incredibly disappointed with this.

My wife and I got half an hour in and both said "nothing from the book has happened yet".

I takes the characters, and the basic premise of the book and tries to unsuccessfully turn it in to an action movie. No mystery, no investigative journalism, just explosions and car chases, all the "smart" stuff from the book left out.

Poor characterisation and casting. Not a patch on the original Swedish Made trilogy, or the Daniel Craig remake. Never heard of the Actor playing Blomkvist, and he didn't have the gravitas for the part at all.

Didn't even watch to the end, which says something because I have sat through some realy bad films in my time

That's a shame. I enjoyed the previous books and films. Ah well, thanks for posting.

Never usually one for subtitled films, I thought that the original 6 parter (trilogy?) in Swedish was completely gripping. One of the best.

Personally I didn't even like he book, I thought he didn't capture the style of Larsen at all, no interest in the movie

I too was very disappointed with the film, loved the original books but the film was just another hollywood style "Mission Impossible" type of action movie, nothing to do with the books.

Cheers

Dennis

I have to agree, folks. 

Very well shot, but dull as anything. Script relied on far too many coincedences (now, there's a change for modern Hollywood movies!).

AVOID. 

Chris.