Looking for Paragon Sea Mossie 1/72 conversion......

Allan31

I have thought that for all these years I would probably not add the SeaMossie to my collection but now I find it calling me.

How can I get a copy of this conversion? I know Neil at Paragon issued it years ago, can I still scare one up someplace?

143_4337.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help,

I've got Paragon 7234 the Sea Mosquito tr33 conversion but it doesn't include the air intakes or elevators or the undercarriage/wheels shown in your example so perhaps there were two issues.Chris

Vince of ModelsforSale has one on that auction site at the moment

Edited by chris57
poor english/additional info

4 hours ago, chris57 said:

I've got Paragon 7234 the Sea Mosquito tr33 conversion but it doesn't include the air intakes or elevators or the undercarriage/wheels shown in your example so perhaps there were two issues.Chris

Vince of ModelsforSale has one on that auction site at the moment

That sounds like the VERY early edition that I issued  *ahem .... cough*  years ago ... at a guess I would say pre- 2001 ??  If it is that early set, it was not as comprehensive as the later edition.

2 hours ago, Allan31 said:

Thanks everyone, I am bidding on it now. I would still like to find the conversion set for the Tamiya kit as well if anyone finds one.

I still posses all of the moulds and master-patterns for the entire Paragon range, and have various resin/etched/vac-form bits and pieces of 'this-and'that'  somewhere in storage.  Don't know if I still have any of the resin TR33's as such, but I vaguely remember having a bag of the photo-etch components that went with them. If I have time I will have a look for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil said:

That sounds like the VERY early edition that I issued  *ahem .... cough*  years ago ... at a guess I would say pre- 2001 ??  If it is that early set, it was not as comprehensive as the later edition.

I still posses all of the moulds and master-patterns for the entire Paragon range, and have various resin/etched/vac-form bits and pieces of 'this-and'that'  somewhere in storage.  Don't know if I still have any of the resin TR33's as such, but I vaguely remember having a bag of the photo-etch components that went with them. If I have time I will have a look for them.

Well, I am biding on the Airfix conversion on evilbay in the UK. It does seem to have the photo-etch for the wings, could I somehow get the resin bits from you for the Tamiya kit? I will pay you extra to cast them up for me as you still have the molds.

Edited by Allan31

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Neil said:

Hi Neil  Picked up in the late nineties if the memory's working. Just before you went to Cyprus?. 

Edited by chris57
Update

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

Basically, and long story short .... I never had a life outside of running the business.  That is the real reason I pulled the plug on it, and no other.

I did come back to the UK in 2005 when I started the business up again, but after several years it was going down exactly the same route again, which is why I stopped it again in 2011. I have not been trading as 'Paragon Designs' since that date.

B)

Well, I am biding on the Airfix conversion on evilbay in the UK. It does seem to have the photo-etch for the wings, could I somehow get the resin bits from you for the Tamiya kit? I will pay you extra to cast them up for me as you still have the molds. 

• 7 months later...