I soooo want to build this GB (My Ultimate Build)

trickyrich

Ok this is not you standard GB!! So often we wait for a GB to come up so we can build a favourite model or one we have been dying to build for ages, even if it doesn't fit the GB's eligibilities we still ask!

So this is the GB to end that.

For this GB it has to be the model you have so wanted to build....for what seems an eternity but have either never found the time to, was too scared too, or just couldn't find a GB it fitted into.

This GB is not for your standards builds, oh no no no!!!!! :nono:

This GB is for that most epic, the "I must build it before I die", or "Why isn't there a GB for my favourite model" GB!!

I want to see models that have laid in wait for years for the right moment, for builders who have waited for eons for that right moment to finally drag out that most epic of models!

Eligibility....completely open, whatever tickles you fancy! The only proviso are:

• It has to be your dream build!
  • Only one build per member
  • You have to give a reason (and a bl##dy good one :D) as to why it's your epic build!!

I know everyone has an epic build they're just waiting for a chance to build, so here it is.

If there's enough truly epic builds then we maybe ask Enzo if we can have a 6 month build window for such epicness!

My builds (in no particular order):

Fisher Model & Pattern 1/32nd F9F-5 Panther

Fisher Model & Pattern 1/32nd A-1E Skyraider Conversion (Trumpy Skyraider as a donor kit)

Trumpeter 1/35th Mi-24V Hind in Czech Tiger Meet Scheme with full AM.

Collect-Aire 1/48th XF-107 Ultra Sabre -converted into a Wild Wessel F-107G (like F-105G) 

.... or whatever else amazing I find in the meantime. (1/35th Combat Boat CB90 Fast Assault Boat....I sooo want one of these!!)

It's time to go big, go epic, go amazing, or go home!! 

1, trickyrich

2, Mig Eater

3, Jabba

4, Valkyrie

5, Hockeyboy76

6, nimrod54

7, Romeo Alpha Yankee

8, helios16v

9, cmatthewbacon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A 1/72 Lockheed EC-130E (RR) Hercules, 193rd SOG Pa ANG.

Back in the early to mid 1980s C scale produced a update set for this aircraft which I bought. I also got a Italeri 1/72 Hercules as this had just come out and was at the time the best kit around. Unfortunately I could not find any decals although I think that Micro scale di do a sheet, but I could not find it no internet then. Anyhow I waited and as this type of aircraft flew in the Gulf War of 1991 I then wanted to do one of these. Eventually a few years ago Wolfpak Decals made a sheet with one of these aircraft from the right time period on it so it was quickly bought. I still have not got around to build one of these many due to time, and I don't think that I would be able to build it in the normal GB time period as it took me a year to build my last Hercules with all the re-scribing and that. Still if I do enter it may give me the impetuous to actually get started at least.

• Like 1

NICE!! yeah builds like this do need that extra time plus something to motivate the build in the first place, another perfect choice for a GB like this.

You know even if this GB got up and we were given a 4 month build time.....at the end of the day it's sort of up to the GB Admin when the actual build finishes. If all those participating agreed to just continue on for a full 6 months, then I really don't think there'd be too much of an issue, as long as there were serious epic builds under way.

• Like 1

It would always be a 1/48 best kit available SU-27 UB...all the Extras, Glass Box, tarmac stand the works. Not sure I’m brave enough....

• Like 2

Oh oh oh erm Eduard 1/48 Harrier GR9 with all the included goodies plus some extras that I may or may not have already got. 

Ps great idea for a GB @trickyrich, good thinking outside the “modelling” box. 

@nimrod54, @Cookenbacher, you guys really need to be in this. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 3

what a thought John, you and an Airfix 1/24th Mosquito!! 

I'll start a list but it's probably going to be  real slow burner of an idea, but it's out there so lets see what happens.

• Like 1

I've got a Simil R Maytech Ford GT that I'm terrified to start because I want to make sure I've got the skills to do it justice.  I'd long wanted this kit after I had seen it had been produced...unfortunately it was quite some time since production had ended and second hand prices were too rich for my blood.  Then one day I happened across a place that had them in stock again (maybe they did a second run?) for reasonable (though still spendy for me) prices.  Not one to pass on the kit again when the opportunity to snag one at 1/2 the cost of second hand kits I placed the order and it made its way across the Atlantic to me.

• Like 2

Well, my Fisher Bugatti 100P would fit that category.... but:

My real Soooo Want to Build is a diorama. Centred on a Tamiya LRDG truck, with half of it weathered like the recovered one in the IWM, been in the desert for 70 years or so, and the other half done in black and white, but in period. SAS WMIK Land Rover and crew pulled up by the abandoned wreck side, in colour, black and white side crewed up, with a black and white Tamiya SAS Jeep and crew pulled up next to them. Titled “Ghosts”...

best,

M.

• Like 3

sounds like an amazing diorama! I've never really had the courage to do a diorama, which is a but of a shame as I have a couple of grand ideas......maybe one day.

welcome to the list.....no guarantee we'll make it but thinking about it is half the fun!

On 4/4/2019 at 10:22 AM, cmatthewbacon said:

Well, my Fisher Bugatti 100P would fit that category....

Oh wow a Bugatti 100P, I would love to see that built.

Edited by Mig Eater

Hmm! yet another interesting idea Rich, unfortunately my 'ultimate' builds constitute a series of moving goalposts for the most part. There are several kits in the stash that have been patiently waiting for me to say "I feel confident enough to do you justice" and top of the list  would be the 1/32 Revell Hawker Hunter done with as much extra detail as I could cram in.  However, I would like to find out thoughts on the validity of a build project I've been mulling over for a while, which whilst not kit based, was going to be for the 50th anniversary of the Moon Landings GB if it ever got off the ground (not likely to happen now) but still a project I'd like to do anyway and a deadline/GB may be the spur to help get my behind into gear. My idea would be to do a Apollo Astronaut sculpt/build at approx. 1/8th scale....what do you think?

Mark there's nothing wrong with that at all. A GB like this to me is a chance to build that build you've always wanted to build but either cannot find a GB to build it in or were a wee bit scared of commit it to a build. So whatever you'd really like/want to build is actually fine for a GB like this.

I think it's great to get out of your comfort zone every so often or challenge yourself with a build. The nice thing about doing it in a GB is that there's always plenty of support or helpful advice available.

This was very evident in the Non-Injection Moulded GB many moons ago....which actually we really need to try and get up and running again.

So a 1/8th Astronaut would be an awesome build to see.......so I'm going to sign you up now!!! No pressure :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, Valkyrie said:

It would always be a 1/48 best kit available SU-27 UB...all the Extras, Glass Box, tarmac stand the works. Not sure I’m brave enough....

As I never even got started in the Flanker GB I too could be attracted by this idea for a special group build.  At the time I was contemplating building the pair that went to the 2017 Malta Air Show.  Lots of extras in the boxes.

But there again, my 1/32 F-16I is crying out to be built (with some modifications to represent a Polish aircraft).

Plenty of time to look through the other unmade boxings too.

Mike

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

As I never even got started in the Flanker GB I too could be attracted by this idea for a special group build.  At the time I was contemplating building the pair that went to the 2017 Malta Air Show.  Lots of extras in the boxes.

But there again, my 1/32 F-16I is crying out to be built (with some modifications to represent a Polish aircraft).

Plenty of time to look through the other unmade boxings too.

Mike

WOW yeah I’ve watched those videos a 100 times! That WOULD be the ultimate build indeed. 

Polish F-16 in 1/32 sounds just as great!! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

WOW yeah I’ve watched those videos a 100 times! That WOULD be the ultimate build indeed. 

Polish F-16 in 1/32 sounds just as great!!  

I don't think I've got enough space for the IL-76🤣 and anyway, it only seems to be available in 1/144 or 1/72