1/72 (?) - Sikorsky S-54 Skycrane/CH-54 Tarhe by AMP - in project

Homebee

A great topic with lots of options and liveries.

I would love one in 1:48. But I seem to recall they ruled it out already. So 1:72 is much more likely 😞

Anyhow good to see a new tool Skycrane and maybe a 1:48 will follow somewhat later.

• 3 years later...
14 minutes ago, cvrle said:

ICM is releasing a 1/35 One, so I think it's probable that they're going to downscale it like they did their 1/32 Broncos...

I think 1/48 and 1/72 are both very possible although maybe they will collaborate with someone. Their 1/48 AH-1G Cobra is the Special Hobby kit and Special Hobby have issued special editions of the 1/32 AH-1G. I’m assuming they shared research.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cvrle said:

ICM is releasing a 1/35 One, so I think it's probable that they're going to downscale it like they did their 1/32 Broncos...

11 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I think 1/48 and 1/72 are both very possible although maybe they will collaborate with someone. 

I hope so.

It was the news of the ICM 1/35 kit that set me on a search for information about what might be available in 1/72. I have the old Revell kit, but that really isn't so good. A new Skycrane in 1/72 would be great news. The Revell kit's always fetch a good price on the second hand market, so it must be a popular subject.

I've had my eye on these for a while, hope they will also be released soon 

http://scalemates.com/kits/lone-star-models-lsm-720632-erickson-s-64-air-crane-helitanker--1265991

http://scalemates.com/kits/lone-star-models-lsm-72643-ch-54-vietnam-bomber--1317305

Fingers crossed :)

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 8:49 PM, Admiral Puff said:

As long as someone does Elvis! 1:48 or 1:72, I don't mind ...

With or without the fried peanut butter & jello sandwich, scale porcelain and strained look? Geetar optional. 

Sorry, it was a long time ago. 

Think I'll chance a scaled-down (1/48) ICM Tahre, to go with a future HH-53C (if I'm lucky)

Tony

• Haha 1

"Elvis" was one of several Erikson Skycranes that come down here most years for the bushfire season, and acquired some fame for its part in bushfire operations in the big fires several years ago. I can do without a model of the other one ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1