Been a while

Kes

I haven't contributed to this place in quite a while, but recently, I've had that itch to 'cement' polystyrene again, my stash is still intact and I still have stuff waiting to be completed, namely, early edition 1/72 Airfix Beagle Basset, to be completed as XS734 from ETPS and a cross kit Eastern Express  and  Airfix 1/144 Vostok Soviet era launch vehicle I intend to finish as Soyuz 19 7K-TM, the plan was to get an Airfix 1/144 Saturn IIB to complete the line up of the 1975 Apollo - Soyuz test project, which I can remember on TV way back then!

However, in the spirit of those of us who suffer AMS, they will have to wait a little longer, because, waiting on the dusted off freshly organised work bench is a copy of a barely started Airfix 1/72 Stratos 4 TSR2, I seem to have entered a Japanese phase?!?! 

So, I'm about to research the (as I remember) ill starred Airfix kit with it's relevant problems! 

For anyone who has completed this kit, what is the single best piece of advice you can give?

Thank you (good to be back)

Edited by Kes
errors!
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kes said:

For anyone who has completed this kit, what is the single best piece of advice you can give?

Built one in a hurry when it first came out and presently have a rather slower built one on the go at the moment and the perhaps most obvious advice is to do a lot of dry fitting and fiddling with parts before committing to glue as generally the fit tends towards very obvious seams and joints and then to be wary of the main undercarriage wheel bogies as their natural inclination is to 'toe' outwards.

Edited by Des
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Des said:

Built one in a hurry when it first came out and presently have a rather slower built one on the go at the moment and the perhaps most obvious advice is to do a lot of dry fitting and fiddling with parts before committing to glue as generally the fit tends towards very obvious seams and joints and then to be wary of the main undercarriage wheel bogies as their natural inclination is to 'toe' outwards.

Thanks! wise words, I'll be fitting the big ol' comet smashing missile underneath, so no landing gear for this one!