Eduard FW 190A-3 1/48

For my second build I decided to continue along the German Luftwaffe theme with another aircraft I have never attempted before.

This aircraft was flown by Karl Willius of 3./ JG 26, Saint-Omer, France during August 1942. By 1944 he was accredited with 50 kills and subsequently killed in combat.

It is OOB and finished with Vallejo Air Acrylics, Flory Grime Wash, AK pigments and Humbrol Clear Satin.

fw190-1.jpg

fw190-11.jpg

fw190-2.jpg

fw190-3.jpg

fw190-4.jpg

fw190-5.jpg

fw190-6.jpg

fw190-7.jpg

fw190-8.jpg

fw190-9.jpg

fw190-10.jpg

• Like 32

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

An amazing 190!!!  Fantastic! Are the decals from the box?

Cheers 

Andy

Thanks, I’ll take that as a great compliment after seeing your abandoned 190!

Yes, the ProfiPACK gives decals for 5 versions and this was one of them, I chose it because I wanted to attempt some detailed mottling with the airbrush.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rogue. said:

Yes, the ProfiPACK gives decals for 5 versions and this was one of them, I chose it because I wanted to attempt some detailed mottling with the airbrush.

very nicely done - Willius' machines were covered in a recent edition of 'Luftwaffe Gallery' IIRC so looks very convincing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FalkeEins said:

very nicely done - Willius' machines were covered in a recent edition of 'Luftwaffe Gallery' IIRC so looks very convincing

Thank you.

Meant to mention that Willius was shot down by P-47s on 8 April 1944 while combatting a USAAF raid over Holland and posted missing.  His body, still at the controls of his Fw 190 A-8 'Black 5' (WNr. 170 009), was discovered in the Zuider Zee on 23 October 1967!

• Thanks 1