This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Brenden S

RAF Dakota C-47 FZ668

Hi all,

I am after some help if possible please. I am trying to track down some WW2 images of a Dakota C-47 from RAF 271 SQN FZ668 

I have attempted to search the UK National Archives and the usual spots on google but nothing has come up. Any leads would be welcome.

Have you tried investigating from the home base airfield angle? Someone might have something photographed at Down Ampney maybe? Try the Airfield Information Exchange website (if you haven't already) Possibly local history sites in the Cotswolds?

Ossington, as I live in Perth Australia I have no idea how to get in touch with any of the folk you have suggested. Are you able to assist at all please?

Brenden,

Maybe knowing the history of your Dakota might be helpful in tracking down some images of her. I found the following information on  the Joe Baugher website:

42-92451;  C-47A-5-DK (MSN 12253) delivered to the USAAF 1/24/44; to RAF on 2/4/44 as FZ668; 271, 187. 525 squadrons; returned to the USAAF 9/3/46; to Trans-Canada Airlines as CF-TER; to Canadian Dept. of Transport on 12/89 as C-FDTD; transferred  7/93 to the Space Museum of Quebec, but sighted engineless  on 1/94 at the Saint-Hubert airport. I hope this information will be helpful.

Mike