1/32 Albatros D.I and II aftermarket

Simon Cornes

Can someone please educate/inform me - has anyone done any aftermarket decals for the Roden kits? I know that there is hope with the D.II - although not a lot - but I can't see anything from either Aviattic or Pheon for the D.I

In addition, has anyone ever produced aftermarket metal struts - apart from Echelon with their D.II? I would have expected SAC to do something?

Thanks

Simon

AFAIK SAC only covered the D.III and/or V. I used a set once, and they were a total waste, being very poorly cast and needing extensive clean up. They included U/C as well as main struts, and they weren't strong enough to take the weight of the model.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree 100% with Paul's comments. SAC stuff is simply low grade soft pewter like metal which actually bends and flexes whilst cleaning it up.

Perhaps their stuff for jets etc is better but the fragility of WW1 u/c units makes it an exercise in futility for them and a complete waste of cash for you!

Gary

• Like 1

Thanks Guys. I must say that the illustration of the set looks very good -  the undercarriage in particular.I know what you mean about white metal though and I don't have a high opinion of a lot of SAC stuff because its is more often than not just a copy of the kit parts so, if they are good, the metal is good but if they are rough then so is the metal!

I am sorry that not one has done an upgrade for the D.I/II. I have the Encore D.II and the metal interplane struts are a good idea and would be very useful if a -presumably longer ? - set was made for the D.I . SAC seem to have missed that Roden kit though.

I suppose its a case for flattened Albion Alloy tube?

Simon