Yetifans Tamiya M247 Sgt York

Yetifan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, so i’m Calling this one finished.....

47858621292_96890a0a65_b.jpg

It’s an ugly lump but some how I like it the look of it, very different from the regular turret vehicles and will sit on the shelf next to my recent Tamiya Gepard. Overall I really enjoyed this build and it has ticked off a bucket list kit from my younger days browsing through the Tamiya catalogue back in the 80’s. I went with the verdant version of the MERDC camo since I have done the desert version on my recent M60 build. It came out pretty well the XF-5 toned down nicely after a filter and a thin was or two.

47121291434_e5be23745a_b.jpg

Not sure I need to do another MERDC for a while, it’s a bit faffy and I’m not totally happy with the hand brushed elements. Tracks were dusted up after a dark wash with some MIG pigment washed on with decal fix.

47121291334_50028b31e7_b.jpg

The build was straightforward and I didn’t go too far with the weathering. I got a bit bogged down into looking online at weathering techniques and have lost a bit of my mojo for extensive weathering finishes. I stuck to some MIG-1005 Dark brown wash for green vehicles, MIG-1511 Brown for dark yellow filter and MIG-3004 Europe earth pigment and finally various tamiya weathering powders. I did some mild streaks with MIG oil Brushers thinned it’s Daler low odor thinners ( I find enamel thinners to aggressive). Varnishes were MIG Lucky Matt and Lucky Gloss.

47910646671_db17153b59_b.jpg

I have dug out some old tank crew figures from the spares box so might have a go at repainting one or two and see if I can place one in the open hatch before I do a final set of images for the gallery. Also noticed I need to weld the tracks, they are just pushed together at the moment.

Anyhoo, that’s it for this one. Switching to the Tiger 1 STGB now. Thanks everyone who has commented and to the organizers for  another excellent group build.

Thanks for looking 🙂

Andy

• Like 5

Thank you Andy for Participating in the build.  Great work on the camouflage. Im happy to see this one get finished as well. It was always one i wanted to build in my early days also. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Andy, was curious if you were going to add a post to the Gallery ? There are just two weeks left to do so ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, sorry will get some loaded 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Andy! Well that is really ugly but awesome at the same time!! Fantastic result - you have achieved a very impressive finish!! :worthy:

Looking forward to seeing the photos in the gallery.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...