La Fauvette Steam Yacht

Gidday Mr Schmidt, I'm relatively new here myself, but I have noticed that from time to time other modelers post photos in another's thread (I've actually done so). Provided it isn't to upstage the original modeler it appears to me to be acceptable if the reason is to answer a question, explain a technique etc because ultimately it is to the benefit of us all in expanding our knowledge.

And speaking of expanding our knowledge, I thought the Martian only had fourteen tentacles, not sixteen as I've learnt eight hours ago from Mr Bandsaw. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I thought the Martian only had fourteen tentacles, not sixteen as I've learnt eight hours ago from Mr Bandsaw. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

The actual number is actually unknowable actually, as there's a sort of actual mental field that actually engulfs one's actual mind and actually actively interferes with actual perception whenever The Martian is observed at close quarters.

Actually.

:D

• Haha 3

Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope I can control my fear of monsters!

I show a picture of my Fauvette where the sun may make her look better than she actually is. I built her almost without change. In this condition, she is more of a steamboat with auxiliary rigging than a topsail schooner with auxiliary engine.

The sun also illuminates the weak points of the model.

1. The shrouds touch the hull, which I did not prevent.

2. The railing looks more like a barrier for show jumping. I tried in vain to make it thinner. So far, I haven't found material to build a better railing on this scale.

3. The rigging is a bit simple.

spacer.png

I think, I will not try to improve this model. Instead of this I should try to copy Mr. Martian's model, if this will not lead to any monsterous attacks.

Schmidt

• Like 7

My first reaction to this thread was how on earth (although clearly on Mars) did I miss then, then I realised the start happened when I was busy rushing around Japan trying to locate every model shop in Honshu! For the 3 weeks I was away I had to use wife's phone to "keep in touch with the real world" as I had left my own at home (not a very popular thing to do I warn). So my attempts to keep abreast of the BM world were limited. Having now read all 8 pages of this graceful martian maritime modelling adventure, I have made a note to keep up with events. She is looking good Martian.

One of the comments that led my mind astray was this one:

On 4/4/2019 at 3:08 PM, Martian Hale said:

Yes there are Marines based in Poole but they are not just Marines

I expected to see ........... these are Dorset based, Studland trained, hand picked M&S Marines...............!

Too much TV for me clearly, and before @Courageous says it.......... not enough modelling!

Terry

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I have absolutely no problem with that. Anyway it will give people something to look at while I get a replacement computer sorted out.

Martian 👽

Really hope that you will be back soon !!

CC

56 minutes ago, Rob G said:

In the meantime, we can run amok!

I thought you lot did that whether I am here or not!

The ship has now had a couple of coats of white primer and next up will be to get the anti-fouling and base colour for the deck sprayed on. Hopefully I should be up and running properly by next weekend.This computer issue is rapidly becoming a pain in both of the Martian rectums.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

This computer issue is rapidly becoming a pain in both of the Martian rectums.

Ooooh, let's not go there, the mind boggles! 😀 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nurse !! Nurse !!

20686810-sexy-blonde-naughty-nurse-in-tight-uniform-with-needle-and-mischievous-smile

We badly need some ice bag to cool down some delicate parts of a Martian anatomy !!

Come on Nurse !! That's pretty urgent !!

Helpfull CC

• Haha 3

On 05/06/2019 at 22:31, corsaircorp said:

Nurse !! Nurse !!

20686810-sexy-blonde-naughty-nurse-in-tight-uniform-with-needle-and-mischievous-smile

We badly need some ice bag to cool down some delicate parts of a Martian anatomy !!

Come on Nurse !! That's pretty urgent !!

Helpfull CC

Thanks for the offer of help CC but Mrs Martian is being unreasonable and says that I am not having one of those. Bugger!

Disappointed of Mars 👽

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks for the offer of help CC but Mrs Martian is being unreasonable and says that I am not having one of those. Bugger!

Disappointed of Mars 👽

Oh poor !!

I hope that the laptop problem is fixed !!

Can't wait to see pics from your builds !

CC

• 2 weeks later...

The yacht got some Tamiya Deck Tan and sprayed on today along with the anti-fouling. If I can avoid any MVS call outs this weekend, I should have some pictures for you over the next few days.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

It has been a while since I got to do some more on this build but with my SM.79, Roc and a commission build all at the same tedious sanding and polishing stage, I decided that getting some paint slapped on this would prove a welcome distraction. The white and red parts need a second coat of paint and there is some touching up to do as well as painting the scroll work around the bow but I think I have turned a corner with the model. The paintings show parts of the masts, and the spars a lightish colour, so I think I will dig out one of my tins of Airfix Buff enamel. I seem to recall that colour being recommended by Airfix for masts and spars on their sailing ships and giving a rather pleasing effect when I was younger.

Thanks for lloking

Martian 👽

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

What a beauty. Looking forward to seeing this at some show or other in the future!

Terry

Thanks Terry

9 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Same as Terry

Rob

Cheers Rob.

8 hours ago, Courageous said:

+3

Stuart

Much appreciated Stuart.

Martian 👽

3 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Looking great with all the bright colours :coolio:

beefy 

Thanks Beefy. Sadly the heat has put a stop to operations today as even brush paining, the paint was trying to start drying on the brush. Bugger, I was on a roll too.

Melting of Mars 👽

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Sadly the heat has put a stop to operations today as even brush paining, the paint was trying to start drying on the brush.

Almost the same for me, liquid refreshments has made me a little lethargic.

Stuart

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

Almost the same for me, liquid refreshments has made me a little lethargic.

Ditto here. Pink Gin's actually on the poop deck .......... well the patio if I'm honest. Was planning to have a go at those M904 nose fuzes for the Mk.82 Snakeyes on the Iranian F-5E, but after a G&T, even typing that was an effort.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1