La Fauvette Steam Yacht

45 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Excellent result there Martian. I also finished a model a couple of weeks back, even took it to last weeks Poole Scale Modellers which I attended for the first time, encouraged by a mutual acquaintance. A great feeling indeed!!

Really like the boat. An unusual topic, but very elegant and stylish I think. I love the era where steam met sail, and they chugged along together for a bit. 

Something from Brunel's stable next I wonder?

Terry

Thanks Terry, I have wanted to do the Great Eastern for some while now cut have been held up by the lack of some decent drawings.

26 minutes ago, Ripaman said:

That does look good Martian :like: well done.

Regards

Richard

Cheers Richard.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Like Tony the Baron I have popped in and out during this build Martian and I have to say, wow what a nice model ship

I have been back-reading, as you do, and note that you are another fan of Slater's 0.010"

Fabulous stuff, and set me on the road to ruinous detailing many years ago

More's the pity that Slater's have stopped using their hard reddish plastic for other plastic rods, it was  truly the best building material for any framework being so strong and rigid

I'll awa to the RFI section forthwith to take a fresh enjoyment of the vessel, definitely worth you flexing the old ship building tentacles on it

• Like 2

10 hours ago, perdu said:

I have been back-reading, as you do, and note that you are another fan of Slater's 0.010"

Ah yes, God's own micro rod, I'm sure of that!

Terry

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 26/04/2019 at 15:00, TheBaron said:

Not after what happened last time when you fell overboard...

DC41E3xW0AA5ctq.jpg

Bloody wrecked it climbing back on board so you did! 

I knew it was a put up job. I was watching "Warlords of Atlantis" this afternoon which featured this very scene. Methinks that I have been framed. A tentacle or two will be knocking at the door of @The Baron's residence in the very near future!

Outraged of Mars 👽

• Haha 5