La Fauvette Steam Yacht

26 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Martian, Stuart, If I may? As I understand it you push the boat sternward then as it swings back forward like a pendulum aim the bow between the two davits. These will swing in towards each other as the boat passes through them on it's way outboard. Keep pushing the boat outboard until the stern passes between the davits. Like a pendulum it will want to come back in. As it does keep pushing the boat outboard of the two davits which will continue swinging and now be facing outboard instead of inboard, with the boat hanging outboard from them. Then simply lower away. That is how I basically understand the procedure. Of course, it could be done stern first also. If I have got it wrong and there are any Master Mariners out there who can correct me please do so. Regards to all, Jeff.

That is pretty much my understanding of how it works.

Martian 👽

PS: What are those foot hold type things that hang beneath the spars called?

Gidday Martian, 'spars' as in 'yards'? Are you referring to the ropes slung under the yards that the topmen stand on while working the sails? If so then they're called footropes. A very misleading and obscure term, I know. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Martian, 'spars' as in 'yards'? Are you referring to the ropes slung under the yards that the topmen stand on while working the sails? If so then they're called footropes. A very misleading and obscure term, I know. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

That's the ones, thanks.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Stuff has been happening with this build with deliveries seeing me now having all I need to complete the project. Apart from breaking and having to repair the foremast, I have added the foot hold s for the spars. Chain has been delivered for the anchor and the period looking benches for the main deck have arrived. They look a tad too high and I am unsure about the colour but that will be easily sorted.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Nice work moving along a quite a pace there now all the little added on's are really making this build come alive  👍

beefy

Cheers Beefy.

Martian 👽

8 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Really starting to look the part now :thumbsup:

I agree with you the benches need toning down a bit

Keep up the good work . . . .

Kev

Thanks Kev, the benches will be getting a complete repaint.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Look very smart my Dear ETI !

Now the bucket for the champagne is de rigueur !!

On a more serious note, I really like this pristine yacht !!

One more wonderfull build from Mars !!

Congratulations !! Have one more rocket fuel as a reward !! :cheers:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Congratulations !! Have one more rocket fuel as a reward !! :cheers:

Thanks CC, I already did!

Predictable of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

I feel I should put a blazer on now after those last few photos Martian, so tres nautical does it look with those fittings accumulating now.

From The Journal of May 1896. 'Yachting is the "fierce go" this season amongst women of independent fortune...' 

2019-04-26_08-05-53

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I feel I should put a blazer on now after those last few photos Martian, so tres nautical does it look with those fittings accumulating now.

From The Journal of May 1896. 'Yachting is the "fierce go" this season amongst women of independent fortune...' 

2019-04-26_08-05-53

Perhaps you could be persuaded to take us all out on your yacht Tony.( Not all at once of course)

4 hours ago, phoscar said:

Hello,
It's a great job.
Marc

Thanks Marc.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Perhaps you could be persuaded to take us all out on your yacht Tony.( Not all at once of course)

Not after what happened last time when you fell overboard...

DC41E3xW0AA5ctq.jpg

Bloody wrecked it climbing back on board so you did! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Not after what happened last time when you fell overboard...

DC41E3xW0AA5ctq.jpg:rofl2::rofl2:

Bloody wrecked it climbing back on board so you did! 

Best one for this half of the year !! :rofl2:

Congrats Dear Baron !! :partytime:

LMAO !!! CC

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Best one for this half of the year !! :rofl2:

Congrats Dear Baron !! :partytime:

LMAO !!! CC

:rofl2: Just for once, I find myself having to agree with CC, even if that is my fourth cousin, six and a half times removed, Splot, after he has been on the Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, longshanks said:

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

He got ya !!

Kev

Alright I admit it, he did nearly make me choke on my drink when I saw it. He will pay dearly for it though.

Martian the Vengeful 👽

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I registered in this forum when I found this building report on the Fauvette by Heller. I've built the model before, but I'm not satisfied with the result. The modifications shown here really appeal to me!

Now I have a question. Is it allowed and / or usual in this forum to show pictures of own models in building reports of other users? I do not want to do anything wrong!

Schmidt (from Germany)

• Like 3

Dear Mr Schmidt,

In my estimation it would be fine to show a few pictures of your work on this thread. It does happen from time to time and, as far as I can tell, no one minds as long as there’s no attempt to take over or ‘hijack’ the thread or show how much ‘better’ your own work is.

Obviously none of these things are your intention so I think you should go ahead. 👍

PS -Don’t be afraid of the Martian. Although his florescent green skin, sixteen tentacles and glowing red eyes are initially disturbing he’s generally harmless... generally! 🤔

Bandsaw Steve

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Dear Mr Schmidt,

In my estimation it would be fine to show a few pictures of your work on this thread. It does happen from time to time and, as far as I can tell, no one minds as long as there’s no attempt to take over or ‘hijack’ the thread or show how much ‘better’ your own work is.

Obviously none of these things are your intention so I think you should go ahead. 👍

PS -Don’t be afraid of the Martian. Although his florescent green skin, sixteen tentacles and glowing red eyes are initially disturbing he’s generally harmless... generally! 🤔

Bandsaw Steve

You bet ??

61060694_10214983408154900_6798797684695105536_n

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Schmidt said:

I registered in this forum when I found this building report on the Fauvette by Heller. I've built the model before, but I'm not satisfied with the result. The modifications shown here really appeal to me!

Now I have a question. Is it allowed and / or usual in this forum to show pictures of own models in building reports of other users? I do not want to do anything wrong!

Schmidt (from Germany)

I have absolutely no problem with that. Anyway it will give people something to look at while I get a replacement computer sorted out.

Martian 👽

• Like 2