Tamiya 1/35 M-60A3

Arniec

Hi Guys,

I will try to build the 1/35 Tamiya M60A3. I will build it out of the box, except for a metal barrel. I still need to find one, but as I am going to the model show in Lingen this weekend it won't be a problem.Here are the pictures of the box and content.

IMG_4772IMG_4773

I hope to start the model this weekend at Lingen.

Cheers,

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Looks like great choice Arniec, you cant go wrong with a classic Tamiya. Odd to see the M48 upper hull in the box ? 

Dennis

Yeah, I know. It was strange to me to. I bought the model from a friend. I will ask him this weekend about it.

cheers,

Hi Arnold. Great to see you here and I'm looking forward to following your progress with this project! Hope you have a good time at the model show too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys, 

but I don't think this one will go further. I just found out that I am missing the whole spreu with the polycaps For the wheels.

Cheers,

• Sad 1

Best thing is to find some silicone fuel tubing, found in RC model shops and make your own Arnold, failing that some round cable insulation that would fit the axle...not the end of the world mate.

hth 

Dan 

edit ... just realised the poly caps you are talking about incorporate the wheel hub so forget what I said, it won’t work 😧

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

I am missing the whole spreu with the polycaps For the wheels.

If you aren't planning on using this as a motorized kit. You can solid glue the wheels I've done that before. You can use plastic tubing to fill the void left by the missing polycap. Then use gel type glue, either C/A or old fashioned tube glue. I find this gives a stronger more flexible adhesion than say Tamiya extra thin. 

Second option is to use brass/aluminum tubing to fill the gap if you still want the wheels to rotate ? Then C/A on the inside of the brass/aluminum. Or in a last desperate attempt to keep you in the build,😉 you could always see if anyone has extra polycaps in the wanted section ? I usually have extras from all my aircraft builds ? 

Dennis