Ha ha, I have the SR53, that was one I leapt on when it came out.  It won't be getting done this year, but perhaps we can meet in an appropriate future Group Build and share the pain adventure!

Blessed with the same aerodynamic noggin, I've been using a hairdryer my big sister passed down to me for modelmaking back in 1987!  I have, however, found better success with the boiling water method than hot air.  You can apply the heat fairly precisely by running the water over the wing, and it heats the plastic right through, with no danger of going too far.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Peter Lloyd said:

Ha ha, I have the SR53, that was one I leapt on when it came out.  It won't be getting done this year, but perhaps we can meet in an appropriate future Group Build and share the pain adventure!

Blessed with the same aerodynamic noggin, I've been using a hairdryer my big sister passed down to me for modelmaking back in 1987!  I have, however, found better success with the boiling water method than hot air.  You can apply the heat fairly precisely by running the water over the wing, and it heats the plastic right through, with no danger of going too far.

Sounds good. I'm up for that if a suitable GB comes up. In for a penny and all that. Thanks too for the advice re boiling water; I've done that before, on the same other build I mentioned above with the twisted tailplane. The wings had a distinct droop and as I was modifying the kit to make an earlier model than the one in the box, I had to straighten them out. It worked ok actually 🙂

So... see you on the next GB! 😀

• Like 1