Oct. 1946 ... all that`s left!--------Pictures added !

I had been looking at these pics on my phone as not had time to get on the big monitor until now and now that I have it deserves another big "WOW".  Bravo, take a bow centre stage. 

• Like 1

At last let me thank you all for your interest and your replies!  I appreciate that very much and was very surprised, because it`s only a wreck!

But I saw you had a lot of fun and that`s the main thing!!

Cheers

Andy

Andy............. I am simply awestruck at the incredible level of detail and realism that you have brilliantly displayed here.  

Take a well deserved bow!!!!!! :worthy:

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning!

I tried to recreate in 1/72 scale a photo I saw of an Fw190 fairly recently discovered in (and, I think, subsequently recovered from ) a forest in Russia - the airframe was largely complete but trees had grow up all around.  My attempts were pitiful and I eventually binned it.  Looking at this beautiful model makes me wonder whether I should try again, possibly in 1/48.

Thank you, Andy,  for creating such an inspiring model and for sharing it with us.

Jonny

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2019 at 12:01 AM, stevehnz said:

That is wonderfully well done Andy,  full of the sad pathos that post war colour photos convey. :)

Steve.

Thank you Steve!

It was a little bit of intention to catch this sad and gloomy mood after war. I think I was a little bit successful when I read all this replies.

Andy

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 1:01 PM, Jonny said:

Absolutely stunning!

I tried to recreate in 1/72 scale a photo I saw of an Fw190 fairly recently discovered in (and, I think, subsequently recovered from ) a forest in Russia - the airframe was largely complete but trees had grow up all around.  My attempts were pitiful and I eventually binned it.  Looking at this beautiful model makes me wonder whether I should try again, possibly in 1/48.

Thank you, Andy,  for creating such an inspiring model and for sharing it with us.

Jonny

Thx Jonny,

yes I am glad that I could inspire you to try again!!  May be 1/48 scale works better than 1/72. I know this photograph from Russian woods and it was a little role model.

I don`t want to conceal that I destroyed nearly 2 complete Tamiya kits before I got it. 

So come on and try again please!!!

Andy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy Dyck said:

I don`t want to conceal that I destroyed nearly 2 complete Tamiya kits before I got it. 

Andy

😂😂😂 Practice makes perfect, and I think it is! Your modelling skills are matched by your artistic eye. An excellent and absorbing model.

Alan

• Haha 1