Howdah ya do! 1/48 U-2A Dragonlady

50 minutes ago, neil5208 said:

Very nice, don't see many ealy model U2's. Is the cockpit canopy a kit part?

The howdah, yes it is. It’s a simple, but well detailed 5-part affair. 

40 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

That’s a great looking model, superb paint job, I would imagine that the wing walkway decals were a challenge!

Not as much as you’d think, since they’re broken up and not continuous. That being said, I did have to cut it to fit this kit as it wasn’t designed for it initially.

Very nicely done sir!

What is the measurement of the wingspan? I ask as I'd love one of these kits but haven't probably got the space for it.

Thanks 

Jamed

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

It's a beauty - thanks a lot for sharing. I hope you enjoyed using the decals.

I did! Like I said, there was some tweaking I had to do to the walkways, since it’s not specifically sized. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, franky boy said:

Very nicely done sir!

What is the measurement of the wingspan? I ask as I'd love one of these kits but haven't probably got the space for it.

Thanks 

Jamed

Uh, well the box info had the dimensions, so I’m not sure🤷🏼‍♂️

But I can say that it won’t fit inside the IKEA Detolf display cases I have. I had to set it atop the case.

• Like 1

Great build and finish. What I find particularly interesting (after all the Hoo Hah over the nose/canopy contours in the Rumormonger Section - to which I will readily admit I contributed) is that, when viewed from certain angles, the finished article does not appear too bad at all. Images 1, 6, 7 etc all show the AFV kit in a good light so maybe the contours are not as bad as first feared. Of course, it does not excuse the fact that AFV Club should have really got the accuracy nailed from the outset given  their location and the fact that 'their' own Air Force operated the type !.

None of this, however, takes anything away from the fact that you have produced a very nice model from this kit - Love the colour scheme which is not easy to replicate.

Well Done, Sir !     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rod bettencourt said:

Very nice!! How was the build?

Rod

Mostly painless. There’s still some work that AFVC still news to do on fit and fidelity...and that weird plastic. There were lots of gaps, mainly on the wings, and bottom of the fuse. In fact I did have to shim the seam by the lower periscope opening, and the Q bay side seams.